1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complete reset after power outage

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by jodaro, Sep 15, 2012.

1. jodaro

jodaro New Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Hi,

We have a THR22-100. This morning our power went out and didn't come back on before we all left for work/school. When I got home this evening, my son said that the Tivo wasn't working. I sat down to find that it was asking me to go through the Guided Setup. Seemed a little strange since its been powered off intentionally and unintentionally before and never required the Guided Setup before, but I started to go through it again regardless. When I got to the satellite setup, I honestly wasn't sure which option to choose. I called DirecTV technical support and after a trying a few of the satellite options and not getting much help, I finally went with a configuration that the box told me wasn't quite right. Fortunately, it appears that my channels are coming in correctly. Unfortunately, and much to my dismay, not only had all of my settings been cleared, but all of my shows and scheduling as well. The tech support guy was totally unhelpful and just said "this is just one of those things, it probably won't happen again"

Anyway, not sure what can be done, but FYI, if you lose power, you might also lose all of your setup and shows.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    Three words .... Uninterruptable Power Supply.

3. Gary McCoy

Gary McCoy Active Member

Jun 4, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    There's a little battery on the motherboard that saves the configuration. Yours is bad or at least weak, and you will lose everything at every power failure of like duration as just experienced. You need a new battery or a new receiver.

It frustrates me when tech support doesn't share information.