1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compatible Cable/Sat systems

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by wsheffler, Jan 30, 2013.

1. wsheffler

wsheffler New Member

Feb 9, 2011
    I'm considering dropping TimeWarner cable service after a $40/mo price increase. My choices are Dish, DirectTV or Uverse. (I'm in San Diego) I've determined that UVerse will not be compatible with my Premiere XL. It also looks like this equipment will not work with DirectTV.

Is that correct?

do the DISH boxes support (or are compatible with) Premiere XL?
  2. tatergator1

tatergator1 Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    No. The Premiere XL will not work with Dish Networks, or anything that's not Cable for that matter.
  3. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Active Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    None of the Series 3 or Series 4 stand alone units work with Dish, Direct, or UVerse. Your Premiere XL works with cable and over the air (OTA) only. There is a HD TiVo unit you can rent from Direct TV - it appears to be similar to a Series 3.
  4. PCurry57

PCurry57 Liberal Hippie Chick

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    I recently had to do some budget cutting. I called TWC and told them simply I live on a fixed income and right now I'm having to consider cutting my bill and perhaps dropping digital. I was told that would actually increase my bill. I could drop the last extra package (that gave me msnbc and ifc) but that wasn't enough. So they cut my bill by $20 for a year with no change in service. And protected me from any rate increase including the one that was about to and just did happen.

It's worth a try customer retention seems to be getting a bit of attention these days.
  5. DTV_Expert

DTV_Expert New Member

Jan 31, 2013
    RE: TiVo on DirecTV. The same features are available on both Legacy TiVo receivers and the new TiVo receiver (THR22). Most recording features of TiVo are the same as DIRECTV DVR/HD DVR. Some functions vary.
    I'd be happy to answer any more questions you may have.