1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Community S3E15 Origins of Vampire Mythology OAD 4/12/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tiams, Apr 13, 2012.

1. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    At the end, was the look from Britta to Annie then the nod at Troy to suggest that Britta read the nice text, realized it was written by Troy and realized it showed his true feelings about her?

2. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    That's how I took that. Not sure how I feel about that. Overall I loved the episode. I always like it when Jeff and his undying narcissism thinks someone else has one up on him... like the earlier episodes with Rich. Speaking of, where is Rich?? They always take my favorite characters away. I thought they had a nice storyline going with both Vaughn and Rich and then just bye!

3. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    And Subway! Where was he? :)

Anyone else have a hard time watching this episode without thinking of the Dan Harmon/Chevy Chase feud? Good heavens, could the show like Pierce any less?

4. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    One of my favorite lines ever:

"She was born in the 80's she still uses her phone....as a phone!!!"

5. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I could totally relate to that. Even though I was born in the 70s, I much prefer texting and get bugged when people insist on talking when texting would work just as well.

6. Dignan

Dignan _

Jan 27, 2002
    _
    "Um, I need help reacting to something"

7. pudding7

pudding7 New Member

May 13, 2002
    Los Angeles
    That was the best line. I was literally laughing out loud for a while at that.

8. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    Not enough of the Dean's train set.

9. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    I don't know. I have been under the impression most cast and Harmon never liked chase so it was same ole to me

10. TIVOSciolist

TIVOSciolist Bye to High Society

Oct 13, 2003
    Oakland,...
    I'm glad that Jeff got Blade to reveal the secret to Blade's success. It actually made sense.

Oh, and I loved Annie's outfit. I didn't look her in the eyes the entire episode.

11. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Best line of the episode IMO. Not the best Community episode, but still had some funny. I also was thinking of the Chase / Harmon feud every time Chevy was on camera. I kept thinking, what new "dooshy" thing will they make him do this week.

12. dtle

dtle Active Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Philly, PA
    I liked that the writers are pushing the odd pairings (Jeff/Annie and Troy/Britta) instead of the obvious ones.

13. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    But they've been making him do "dooshy" things for basically the entire run of the show.

14. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    From what I understand, from the very beginning Dan Harmon never wanted Chevy but had to take him on in order to have a "big name" to get the show picked up.

In any case, it seems like the character is not being served as well by the writers as in previous seasons. Although this could simply be a perception shift on account of now knowing about Harmon's feelings towards Chevy.

15. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I think it is "perception shift".

As I've stated previously, I've suspected the writers didn't like him since the end of Season 1

I remember that one reason I almost tuned out in the first two episodes was because Chase was doing his same old schtick that he was doing on SNL.

But that changed as the character was portrayed as "meaner".

But if you think about it, the Pierce character has been doing ""dooshy" things for a long time.

The D&D and Paintball episodes readily come to mind.

Plus the writers had him in a body cast for a number of episodes.

16. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    In hindsight plus with the benefit of knowing about this feud, the body cast seems like it was a case of the writers/showrunner being deliberately mean.

I vaguely remember hearing a long time ago that the writers on Friends got really fed up with David Schwimmer at one point and deliberately turned the character into an unlikable wimp.

I can't find a citation for it anywhere now, but the situation was later dramatized in an episode of Lisa Kudrow's show The Comeback.