1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Community Getting Renewed?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by aadam101, May 10, 2013.

1. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    http://www.vulture.com/2013/05/community-fifth-season.html

According to the article, the show is close to getting renewed. The season finale tied American Idol with adults under 35. I would guess that's a great thing for any NBC show these days.

Part of me was hoping they would cancel it so a streaming provider could pick it up and bring back Harmon.

2. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    I haven't watched the finale yet, but I thought the show was very good this season. A couple of great episodes, a few clunkers, and that's pretty much what it was with Harmon.

I hope it comes back for another season.

3. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    As much as we had fun watching over the last few years, this season really went into the crapper IMO. There a FEW fun moments scattered around, but overall I don't see how in the world they can gain any new viewers at this point. They have really gone off the deep end at this point. I think they just need to call it good and let it end as is. Any more dragging things out would be pretty pointless.

4. GoHalos

GoHalos Registered User

Aug 30, 2006
    OC, CA
  5. GoHalos

GoHalos Registered User

Aug 30, 2006
    OC, CA
    They've now updated their very brief page about this to say, "No word on episode count yet..."

6. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Excellent. Now they only have to pull of this magic one more time and they'll get their six seasons.

Then they can figure out a way to get the movie part.

I wonder what happens with Chevy, since he basically quit before this season finished.

7. GoHalos

GoHalos Registered User

Aug 30, 2006
    OC, CA
    I would guess he's out, but you never know.

8. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    That would definitely help reduce their costs for new episodes.

9. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    Yeah I would think Chevy not coming back would be a great thing.

10. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    The New Normal has been cancelled. This seriously bums me out.

11. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    I hope they continue to make references to Pierce.

12. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    What I hope they do not do is fully plug Chang into the group as Pierce's replacement.

13. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    If they do this then I'm out. The less Chang the better. No Chang would be ideal.

14. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Not cancelling the show seems like a very "Un-NBC" thing to do. Another network (probably a streaming one) would have picked this show up and NBC would have felt the backlash. NBC makes mostly terrible decisions so it surprises me to see they made a good one.

15. getbak

getbak Active Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    Sony has a history of giving sweetheart deals to the networks to keep shows on the air long after everyone has assumed the shows were cancelled (Til Death, on Fox a few years ago is a good example; Rules of Engagement on CBS is another).

Community is currently at 84 episodes, so the 13 episode renewal will put it at 97, within spitting distance of the "magic" 100 episode mark that apparently makes it easier for Sony to package in syndication and internationally (Rules of Engagement's 100th and final episode airs on Monday, after 7 seasons).

The Community renewal was part of a multi-show pick-up from NBC with three new shows too, so it's probable that Sony gave NBC a deal they couldn't refuse.

16. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Nice to see him explode into blue goo this week. Horrible character.

17. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    I usually argue about shows running their course but this one is spent. And it not just a new show runner. The premise is done. The season finale should've been series finale.

18. mlsnyc

mlsnyc Member TCF Club

Dec 2, 2009
    I thought it was a pretty good season and still better than others currently out there, comedy or otherwise. I'm glad it's coming back.

19. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    This. He's such a negative to the show (IMHO) that it could make me quit watching if he became a primary character. I cringe pretty much every time I see him onscreen.

20. GoPackGo

GoPackGo Active Member

Dec 28, 2012
    I don't get the Chang hate.