1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Community "Advanced Introduction to Finality" S04E13 5/9/13

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by robojerk, May 10, 2013.

1. robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    No thread for season series finale?

I thought the whole season felt kind of flat, but I still enjoyed the ride. Sad to see it go, but with Harmon out this was the best goodbye we could ask for.

It still might get renewed though... Who knows what's going on at NBC.

2. Crow159

Crow159 Winter is Coming...

Jul 28, 2004
    Abingdon, MD
    I watched it. I enjoyed it. Remedial Chaos Theory was one of my favorite episodes so it was nice to go back to it.

This season has had some good episodes, but you're right. There was always something that just felt missing out of this season.

I'm still hoping that it gets renewed but I can be happy with that as the end of the show.

3. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Anybody catch the "Six Seasons and a Movie" on the blackboard in the background?

4. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    This is an episode that would have been SOOOO much better as an hour rather than a half hour. It just felt way too rushed.

5. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    This.

Overall, the Harmonless episode aren't horrible.
    The first few stunk but I will give credit that the new showrunners found their groove after that.
    Which seemed to consist of getting to the characters' heart.

And it was a lot better than a lot of other sitcoms but falls short of what Dan Harmon did.

6. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    And The Cape is still running in the other universe.

7. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I loved the throw away lines in this (and in previous eps) about the timing, given that the episodes were written and produced when they had no idea what time of year the episodes would air. I think in a previous ep they said something about how it was just Christmas and now it's hot outside. And then in this episode they made some comment about the seasons, and then someone else said "Fall/Spring" semester just ended, and they were about to start "Summer/Winter" semester.

8. Azlen

Azlen Active Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
  9. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    It was renewed for S5!!!! Details still pending. No idea whether Chevy will be back.

10. getbak

getbak Active Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    I'm pretty sure they said Chevy is done no matter what. They gave him his finale. Pierce submitted the final paperwork and will get his diploma and is done with Greendale.

11. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Did Chevy come back just to film inserts for the finale (almost all his scenes had the look and feel of him not actually being there with the rest of the group), or was the shooting schedule completely out of order?

12. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    The airing of the episodes was totally out of order. There were a couple of episodes in the last 4-5 that didn't have Chevy Chase. Those were the ones filmed after he quit.

And he is gone. He will not be back.

13. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    They shot out of order, but aired in order. The puppet episode, for example, took a long time to produce and was completed after the finale was shot. Chase was not in that one as an actor, but part of his exit deal was that he would record his puppet voiceover parts.

14. Crow159

Crow159 Winter is Coming...

Jul 28, 2004
    Abingdon, MD
    This brings me great joy!

:up:

15. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Yep, saw that too. I couldn't make out what else was written.

I thought it was kinda dumb episode, but it made me speculate what will happen since the show was renewed. Jeff graduates, but it seems obvious he really doesn't want to go back with his old partner. I am guessing he'll be back at the school as a professor, which could make for some interesting dynamics.

16. warrenn

warrenn New Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Tivoverse
    They should leave Greendale. Subsequent seasons should inhabit other sitcom locations. Next season they open a basement bar in Boston (Cheers). Then they move to NY and get apartments across from each other (Friends/Seinfeld). Then they open a B&B (Newhart).

17. Demandred

Demandred RPSLS Champion

Mar 6, 2001
    Houston, TX, US
    There are only two more seasons. And a movie.