1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comcast.

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by nuraman00, Feb 25, 2013.

1. nuraman00

nuraman00 New Member

Dec 28, 2012
    So I got a Tivo in January.

I thought that by returning the Comcast DVR, I would end up paying $10 less a month, on my bill.

It turns out that Comcast then adjusts the "credits" I get on my promotion, actually causing my bill to go up by $2-3.

I tried talking to a rep on the phone, but it doesn't look like there's much they can do. I'm going to go to their on-site store and just see if I can talk to someone. I don't expect much to be done, but it just seems better to talk to someone in person.

I can post a summary of the sections for my bills in Dec., Jan., and Feb. if anyone's interested, to see how by bill is different. I got the Tivo in early January.

I'm going to take all 3 bills to them.

2. nuraman00

nuraman00 New Member

Dec 28, 2012
    I might be missing something in between the bills. Maybe it's right afterall, we'll see.

3. PCurry57

PCurry57 Liberal Hippie Chick

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    A couple of months ago I called TWC. I'm live on a fixed income and due to increases in living expenses (medical) I was needing to reduce extras. I inquired about dropping digital and going basic/extended basic only. When I was told that that would actually increase my bill I said will I guess the day I was anticipating "going OTA only" was here already. He asked and put me on hold. A short time later he comes back and gave me 12 months $20 off my bill. Amazing what they will do when you propose the that of leaving completely.

4. derektem

derektem New Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Yeah PCurry57, I agree with your experience here.
    It never ceases to amaze me how much these cable companies are willing to do, only when you want to leave them. If not, they don't really care.

5. buscuitboy

buscuitboy New Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Atlanta area
    In my experience, Comcast billing is HORRIBLE. I have (sort of) figured out the best way to get a lower rate. While a pain, I threaten to cancel as well & they usually give me some sort of "promotional" plan for 6 or 12 months. Gets my monthly bill about $30-40 lower.

Recently, I took this approach & got their double play package consisting of performance internet (12Mbs) and their highest "preferred" cable TV package. They also threw in HBO for free for 6 months. I was then able to get 4 TiVO cable cards. First one was free and the other 3 are $1.50/month each with a $7.50 "equipment credit" for all 3 of them (yea, I know, makes no sense). All of this has resulted in a monthly bill (for now) of $98.43/month. I can live with this.

Granted, I think the rep at my local Comcast office slightly messed up some of my cable card charges as they have usually been around $8/month in the past for cards #3 & 4, but I'll take the mistake for now while I can.

6. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    I threatened to cancel Insight Cable (now owned by TWC) a couple months ago, and they reduced my bill by about $35/month for the same services. The lady on the phone called it a "re-bundle" but it took her two or three trips somewhere off the phone to get it set up for me.

I called prepared with actual monthly prices for DirecTV and Uverse to compare to their service fees.