1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comcast Rep on AVS forum

Discussion in 'HD Comcast TiVo DVR (Archive)' started by yunlin12, Jan 18, 2008.

1. yunlin12

yunlin12 Tivonation Citizen

Mar 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Anyone seen this?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=979925

There is someone on AVS forum posting as an offical Comcast Rep, with info on software updates for Comcast Tivo

2. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    Might as well quote it here:

3. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Georgia
    On the surface, any such claim, especially with that specific user name ("Comcast Rep"), should be considered immediately bogus. The message posted (twice, incidentally), however, contains nothing in it that would tend to discredit it. It seems highly unlikely that any reputable company the size of and with the visibility of Comcast would have a rep log in as this user has. I think the best approach is to remain skeptical, as it could just be some yahoo looking to pave a smooth path and then pull the rug out later.

4. TiVoPony

TiVoPony New Member

May 11, 2002
    Alviso,...
    I can vouch for the validity of the poster. They are from Comcast, and what they're posting is factual. We should welcome them to the community, having them contribute here will be an asset for everyone. :)

I'll also encourage them to come participate directly over here on TiVoCommunity.

Cheers,
    Pony

5. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Georgia
    Thanks for that confirmation.

If you have a direct contact with them, you might want to warn them what's coming. :) :) :)

6. markp99

markp99 TakoKichi TCF Club

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    The message in that post is fully consistent with what we heard at the Focus Group at Comcast's offices here in NH a ~week ago. If TiVoPony had not vouched for legitimacy of the poster, I think i might have chimed-in.

The Comcast guy said they do monitor the TCF; hopefully we'll see them here as well. :)

7. markjrenna

markjrenna Member

Mar 23, 2006
    New Jersey
    This is welcomed news. I am a bit skeptical but if this is true then it is nice to have a direct link to Comcast/TiVo.

8. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    For a future release, I would like to see the replay and skip buttons perform the day+/- functions while in the program guide.

Verizon FiOS does this with their new IMG software and it works well.

9. TiVo Fool

TiVo Fool Guest

Dec 17, 2001
    Fayetteville...
    Yes, the basic (non-TiVo) Comcast DVR lets you advance through the guide a day at time as well.

Lack of that feature and poor performance are the reasons I don't use the guide on my TiVo

10. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=12932571#post12932571

11. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Someone explain to me why they're posting in AVSForum and not here.

:p

12. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    lol my thoughts also. :)

13. Budget_HT

Budget_HT Heavy User (of TiVo)

Jan 2, 2001
    Renton, WA
    There you go being logical again!

14. HiDefGator

HiDefGator New Member

Oct 12, 2004
    probably because they had previously been following that forum before they had Tivo as an option.

15. Comcast Rep

Comcast Rep New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    :)

Hello everyone. I wanted to provide an update on some of the installation improvements that we have been working towards. First, Comcast has made the decision to send a technician out for each TiVo installation to deliver the best possible customer experience. Our front line employees are becoming more accustomed to this complex product with new procedures and interfaces with our systems. It is our plan to start supporting upgrades over the phone to customers in the near future to ensure a shorter installation process.

Second, our technicians have been instructed to leave the TiVo new user kit at every install. This kit includes a TiVo remote, a user manual, and a tip card. If you did not receive this kit for any reason, you can stop by a local service center/payment center or call 1-800-Comcast and request to have Comcast deliver it to your home.

I also want to offer a few tips, since some users have raised some questions about the behavior of the channel banner that displays program info and appears onscreen after changing channels.

The channel banner automatically disappears after a specified time, but to clear it immediately, press the Exit button on the remote.

Press the Info button to display the channel banner. Press Right Arrow to cycle between small, medium, and large versions of the channel banner, each with a different amount of information. Your preferred channel banner size will be retained the next time the channel banner is displayed.

Thanks again for your continued input and support.

16. brytrinque

brytrinque New Member

Jan 30, 2008
    Any update on the new firmware release date?

17. markp99

markp99 TakoKichi TCF Club

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    Hey Comcast Rep,

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forums! Glad to see you here as well as on the AVS Forums.

18. Stewartsnet

Stewartsnet New Member

Jan 25, 2008
    This may be redundant as I posted it on AVS also:

It would be nice to have a web site that lists the software versions and what the enhancements and fixes are for each.

Dates of future releases and the enhancements would also be welcome.

Has anyone experienced the loss of the beep tone? Mine stopped after a couple of days. After a restart, it was back but only for a couple of days. I have the DCT3412. Otherwise, no problems except for the fact that I am looking forward to a future SW update that speeds performance.

19. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    Comcast Rep, welcome to TCF!!!