1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comcast question

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by mtm, Aug 21, 2012.

1. mtm

mtm New Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I'm switching over from DirecTV to Comcast and am planning on getting at least 1 TiVo, possibly two. I have a couple questions:

1- If I had one TiVo and one Comcast DVR, can the two be networked together so I can watch recorded shows on either box, or do you have to have two TiVo boxes (or two from Comcast) to do that?

2- Can you use the Xfinity on demand with the TiVo boxes?

Thanks for your help!

2. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    1) Need two TiVos to do that

2)That option is being rolled out nationwide (slowly) and is currently available in SF and Boston areas.

3. scottfll954

scottfll954 Member

Jul 31, 2012
    You can NOT combine 2 comcast boxes either...

you will need to get there "ANY ROOM DVR" service...

I have just come from comcast in the past 30 days.. there is no comparison between the DVR`s.. biggest thing you will notice is the "GUIDE" and SEARCH

I am waiting patiently for them to open the flood gates on there ON DEMAND service in south florida though... :(

4. WVZR1

WVZR1 Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...
    You're located where?

5. mtm

mtm New Member

Jul 11, 2012
    In the Minneapolis area, so nowhere near Boston or SF. Any ideas how soon other areas are going to see this?

Comcast DVR's can't be networked together? Does the "any room DVR" service from Comcast work DVR to DVR, or is it only DVR to a non DVR box?

6. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    From what I have read with The Any Room DVR the other box can not be a dvr. Doesnt make sense but thats what was in the directions.