1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comcast Pricing Help

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by bobbyz110, May 17, 2012.

1. bobbyz110

bobbyz110 New Member

Apr 28, 2010
    I have two tivo premieres.

I previously had Comcast two years ago and did not pay for either cable card. I switched to FIOS, and I got the first free, and the second for $2.50. I just bought a new home and FIOS is not available in the area. So... I'm going back to comcast.

I was ordering a double play, digital preferred and performance internet. They want to charge me a $9.95 HD Service Fee. They also want to charge $9.95 for the second cable card. I complained, and they lowered it to $7.45. However, that is just the $2.50 set-top box discount I should get anyways.

So my questions are:

First, Do I need the HD service fee if I am not using their boxes? or is it required to pay that fee in order to receive HD channles on my tivo.

Second, Really???? $7.45 for a cable card! Should it be cheaper? Are they trying to snake me?

I searched the forums for answers... but I couldn't find anything that specifically answered my questions.

2. bobbyz110

bobbyz110 New Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Thanks! So I just need word on the HD service fee. I read through that thread and it seems to flip flop on whether you need to pay the fee if you have only tivo devices.

3. jakerock

jakerock Hey ho howdy! TCF Club

Dec 9, 2002
    Lee, NH
    And that's the problem with trying to figure out what you need to pay Comcast. No one has the answer because it depends on where you live, who you get on the phone, how lucky you are and the phase on the moon.

Seriously, trying to figure out what you should be paying is almost impossible.

4. bobbyz110

bobbyz110 New Member

Apr 28, 2010
    I hate comcast. I just have no other option.

5. GBL

GBL covert opiniative

Apr 20, 2000
    Twin Cities, MN
    Which area are you located in? Please post a price list for your area.

6. a68oliver

a68oliver Member

Jul 15, 2000
    Crawfordsvil...
    In my market, central Indiana, there is no HD Service Fee if I use my own device/Tivo.

However, there is an Additional Digital Outlet fee ($9.95) for every device after your primary outlet. But the primary outlet and the Additional Digital Outlets include one cable card at no charge. A cablecard fee is charged only if you need more than one in the same device, ie. Tivo original Series 3.

Then, since I use my 2 Tivos instead of their set top boxes, I get the $2.50 credit for each Tivo.

As said before, YMMV depending on your local market. But I believe this is the pricing scheme they are trying to standardize on nationwide.