1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comcast On Demand in The Bay Area

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Blacknotice, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Blacknotice

Blacknotice New Member

Mar 28, 2010
    San Francisco
    I live in San Francisco, and I thought that I would have received Xfinity On Demand already. I called up Tivo customer support, they took me through the whole possess to get it to work, and they said that I should of had it by now. I've owned the Tivo Premiere since the day it came out. I have the latest software. Forced connected and rebooted the Tivo. But nothing

Does anyone else in the Bay Area have this problem? Is there a work around?

2. minimeh

minimeh Vanity Phrase Here

Jun 20, 2011
    San...
    I too am in San Francisco (94158), with 2 Premieres that have 20.2.0a, have done forced updates, rebooted multiple time, etc. and no luck with on-demand at all. So you're not alone. :)

I'm assuming something with Comcast itself is at issue but it hasn't been important enough for me to pursue it further.

3. StringFellow

StringFellow New Member

Apr 17, 2005
    I am not surprised...anything these involves a cable card ends up being problematic..everything from subscribed channels to On Demand (in your case).

Good luck getting your issues resolved.

4. minimeh

minimeh Vanity Phrase Here

Jun 20, 2011
    San...
    I just ran across this post from pacifent in "TiVo Coffee House":

5. Blacknotice

Blacknotice New Member

Mar 28, 2010
    San Francisco
    Thanks Minimeh, It's good to know that I'm not alone. But apparently we are suppose to have it by now( depending on the day we purchased the Premiere). If you do get it, can you reply here please?

And I hope its not the Cable Card. I never had a problem with it so far. I even installed it myself.

I also had a problem with on Demand on my xbox. I had to call up comcast so they could send in a code to fix it. I hope its not on there end

Thanks again Minemeh for the link!

6. Bighouse

Bighouse 200 Club Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Guerneville, CA
    According to the zip code check site I'm supposed to get it within a couple of weeks. I'll check it and reply with the news once it hits my (95446) area.

7. smarthur

smarthur New Member

Apr 15, 2012
    I live in San Jose, CA 95110. The Xfinity On Demand icon appeared Saturday afternoon 4-14, I can see the folders and program listings but when I go to play a show I get a gray screen saying to contact my cable provider to activate service.

I contacted Comcast they "sent a message to the cable card." But it does not fix the issue. I know my area is the first market to get this new feature and I'm sure there will be hiccups. I just hope they get resolved quickly.

I'll update my post when it starts working.

UPDATE:

After visiting Tivo's support page for Xfinity On Demand

I figured out that my Cable Card was not paired.

Calling Comcast and giving them the Host ID and Data ID from the gray trouble screen allowed them to pair my cable card.

I'm now seeing the On Demand video.