UPDATE: Issue resolved, scroll down... Hi everyone. Sorry if this is lengthy, I just want to post as much information as possible about my problem. My market is the Harrisburg, PA Area. Important details in bold. I just purchased a TiVo Premiere XL4 a few days ago. The first CableCard that Comcast gave me had apparently been removed from one of their cable boxes, because customer support said that it was paired with a DCT box they owned, and there was no way of unpairing it. So I got a new CableCard, and this time the CSR had no issue pairing and activating it. All of the local/basic/extended cable channels (2-78) and HD local channels worked. HD cable channels and digital cable channels did not work. A "channel not authorized" message was displayed. I assumed it would just take some time to authorize properly; not so. I set up some Season Pass recordings on the HD cable channels. The only thing that was successfully recorded, and this is weird, was 20 seconds of a Science Channel show, which contained video of an EAS alert on QVC. (?) I called support again, and they said that the CableCard wasn't authorized to receive HD channels. They added that service, but it didn't make a difference. I called later, and asked them to do an INIT hit (I've been looking through lots of forums). They did, but no luck. I went on chat to talk to a technician. He tried sending the pairing and activation signals separately, but this didn't work. He also said that sending too many signals to the card could cause it to burn out (is this true?). Any HD channel in the 800's that is not local (i.e., the channels with encryption) just shows a "channel not authorized" message. The same goes for all digital cable channels in the 100's, except for the select few that work on the little converter boxes for older TVs. Any HD channel in the 200's or 500's is either completely black, or has a message saying "channel not available". When I view the conditional access screen, the value for "Con" is yes, the value for "Val" is V 0x0E, and the value for Auth is MP. On some of the digital cable channels, the value for Auth depends on the ActivePrg value (it's sometimes FWK). I've tried re-seating the CableCard, rebooting the machine, and going through Guided Setup again. Nothing. Here are my current theories: - Comcast is doing something wrong on their end, not authorizing the digital cable channels correctly. - This may have something to do with the switch to Switched Digital Video in some Comcast markets. This would explain the 200's and 500's, but not the 100's and 800's. - This is because of something configured in a unique way at the headend.