1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comcast Chicago - Tivo starting to cut off early

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by b_scott, Jan 17, 2013.

1. b_scott

b_scott TiVo Fan

Nov 27, 2006
    The past week every channel has started to cut off the end of shows, about 30 seconds too early. It's not just one channel, it's all. This is Comcast in Chicago. Tivo is set to the correct time - I forced a connection just to make sure, before and after I checked. It matched the time of my iPhone perfectly.

Anyone else noticing this? I can't pad all recordings with an extra minute because some would overlap.

2. mattack

mattack New Member

Apr 9, 2001
    What channels are you recording on? I HIGHLY doubt that the cable company somehow inadvertently ended up adding in a delay from 'real time'.

These networks ROUTINELY broadcast outside of the official times of their shows:
    IMHO, to a lesser extent nowadays - CBS

Those are the ones that pop to mind that I basically have to pad EVERYTHING by a minute, and have had to for YEARS.
  3. celtic pride

celtic pride New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    I've also been having that problem lately on FX,but i'm on verizon fios in southern california.
  4. b_scott

b_scott TiVo Fan

Nov 27, 2006
    NBC, FX, ABC that I can think of.

Shows used to end, and then have a commercial break, and then come back with the next show. Seems like lately all shows are butted up against each other, so much that one instantly starts when the last one ends. Do you think this is to screw with the DVR owners?
  5. Mikeyis4dcats

Mikeyis4dcats New Member

Oct 2, 2003
    our Tivo on Cox has always cut off about 30 seconds to a minute (never actually timed it). been that way for years.