1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comcast botched HD lineup change in Vineland

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by brianric, Aug 23, 2012.

1. brianric

brianric Active Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    I'm very angry over the botched setup moving HD channels from 200 series to 800 series, and for not notifying their customers in advance. My Tivo already updated the guide, set to record CBS Evening News and Big Brother on Channel 803 from Channel 233. Guess what, Comcast was not setup at the time to receive the shows, as the mentioned shows were on Channel 233. The Tivo guide deleted the 200 series from the guide. Not knowing what was going on, I did two guided setups on my Tivo, which is a long process to do, only to find out Comcast was in the middle of a lineup change. I am not a happy campe

2. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    You should have received one of these notices with your bill. They've been broadcasting on the 800 channels for a while now so I don't understand when you say Comcast wasn't set up to receive the shows.

3. blackngold75

blackngold75 Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Northern...
    We're about to get these changes in Northern DE, also - I received the mailer a couple of weeks ago. Sorry you missed it. As mentioned, these channels are already in the 800s.

4. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    So our lineup changed today. The Tivo got the update and changed over all of my SP's to the new channels correctly. The only problem is I have to redo my Favorites and learn all of the new channel numbers.

5. brianric

brianric Active Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    Tivo switched over the channels no problem. As far as an insert in my bill, I get online billing and auto pay. Still missing guide in some of my channels like AMC. Hopefully the guide will be updated in a couple of days.