1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cnet Downloads

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by bcdavid, Mar 27, 2014.

1. bcdavid

bcdavid New Member

Feb 4, 2006
    My Cnet downloads have stopped. Is anyone else having this problem?

2. longball07

longball07 New Member

May 27, 2009
    Yup...nothing has downloaded since Saturday. I think CNET changed their video section on their website, might have affected their video feeds. Anyone have any idea what is going on?

3. josborne

josborne New Member

Jun 18, 2003
    None since Saturday as well. Anyone attempt to setup CNET downloads again to solve the problem?

4. markp99

markp99 TakoKichi TCF Club

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    Resetting the CNET SP does not force new downloads. There are just no new programs in the queue. Hmmm.

I seem to recall a similar gap a few years ago. Not sure the cause or solution, but downloads resumed.

5. Krellion

Krellion ...

May 17, 2002
    Hampton, VA
    Not sure if this is a permanent change, but most of the new CNET videos are available under the "Find TV, Movies, & Videos" => "Web Video Hotlist" (bottom item) on the HD menu. I prefer the auto-download setup myself.

6. markp99

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    Agree, the Hotlist app is mostly crap, plus commercials are inserted into the stream. Blechh!

7. wtherrell

wtherrell Member

Dec 23, 2004
    Huntersville...
    Not working here either. Thanks for the thread.

8. mrizzo80

mrizzo80 Active Member

Apr 16, 2012
    I'm subscribed to 1 CNET show. It downloaded last weeks episode again late this week (and the audio quality was terrible) by mistake. It then downloaded this weeks episode shortly thereafter... but the audio quality on that episode was terrible as well.

9. bcdavid

bcdavid New Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Just watched Cnets 404 podcast. The problem is on Cnets side. None of their RSS feeds are updating. They're working to fix the issue.

10. cwoody222

cwoody222 Active Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    Thanks for the update!

11. dickmiles

dickmiles New Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Seems to be working now.

12. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    I got one for CNET On Cars (HD) yesterday, but it definitely wasn't HD more like widescreen SD (barely) with horrible sound. So it's not completely fixed yet.

Tivo's integration of this stuff with search really sucks, to put it mildly.

13. kcantrel

kcantrel New Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Yeah, the problem started with me about a week or so ago. I found that I could select individual shows (i.e. "On Cars" as opposed to the "All CNET Show" (or what ever it was called) but the sound and video aren't just terrible, they are down right unintelligible. At least on my TiVo HD. I have another TiVo, a base Series 3 and it can at least play the videos, but the sound is bad.

14. markp99

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    5 CNet programs appears on my TiVo this morning. No quality issues noted.

15. JWhites

JWhites New Member

May 14, 2013
    I've been receiving the downloads the entire time but since last week they've all been in 480p which accounts for the crappy picture and sound. The same issue is occurring on the Hotlist app and when manually watching through the "video podcast" section on the SD menu.

16. shiffrin

shiffrin Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    The titles of the show have also been changed. It isn't always obvious which ones are CNET Update or 404, etc.

17. Devx

Devx New Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    It's definitely on the CNET side of things, even their iTunes feeds are impacted. I subscribe in the iOS podcasts app and that too seems to be affected by whatever changes or issues they are having.

18. jefsta

jefsta New Member

Aug 18, 2004
    I am having an issue too. I have been getting the downloads, but the audio sounds like Mickey Mouse. So bad, I can't watch them. It started early last week. I am subscribed to the HD feed. I also tried the SD feed, but had the same problem with the audio.

Bummer.

19. bobrt6676

bobrt6676 Member

Dec 31, 2007
    Huber...
    My audio sounds ok, but is out of sync with video. My Techzilla sound does the same. I agree with slowbiscuit the video is down graded from HD for whatever reason.

20. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    Got a new ep of On Cars a couple of days ago and it's still crappy.