1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clear and delete stuck

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Christoph23, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Christoph23

Christoph23 New Member

Oct 24, 2005
    We have a Premier XL and after dealing with some of the issues with HD space (discussed here http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=504897) and after searching around, we went ahead with a Clear and Delete hoping that it would get things back to some kind of normal. We started the Clear and Delete a little over 24hrs ago and it's still on the "Clearing and deleting everything... This may take up to an hour" screen. Searching around, I've seen people say that it could take over night but this is about 24hrs later. So I'm curious, will it mess the TiVo up horribly (though, at this point, I'm not sure how much worse it can get) if I just unplug it? Has anyone else (reading this message now; I know that this has happened to others) gotten stuck here? What did you do to get past it?

One thing to note, before we ran the "Clear and Delete", we deleted all the programs on the "My Shows" page. So that was some legwork that the TiVo did not have to go through.

thnx,
    Christoph

2. MPSAN

MPSAN Active Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    You may want to call TIVO and see what they say. I say that because I just sold 2 THD's and everyone told me to do a C&DE. I did not do it. I called TIVO several times as the 2 THD's were sold a week or so apart and the said on several occasions to NOT do it! They said there were a number of people who do the clear and the TIVO does not come back. They said that they want to remove that from the help page regarding selling a TIVO, but they said not to do it!

That is why I suggest calling TIVO to see what you should/could do next. I mean if that function is there and it crashes your system, then it is their fault!