1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cisco dta

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by cfrankkey, Feb 5, 2014.

1. cfrankkey

cfrankkey New Member

Feb 5, 2014
    have a cisco wow dta hooked up to tv using tv hdmi 1 input. have Blueray player hooked to tv hdmi 2 input . when I turm on blueray player it automatically plays through hdmi 2 input. when I power off Blueray player it does not go back to hdmi 1.the only way I can get it back to dta hdmi 1 is to activate hdmi 1. have tried cutting off dta ,powering on.

2. lgnad

lgnad Pantless Mofo

Feb 14, 2013
    Massachusetts
    Some devices use CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) commands over HDMI to do things like change inputs automatically when a device is powered on, or "play" is pressed, power on devices, control the volume control on another device, etc.

So, your TV and Blu-ray player both support CEC, and both have it enabled (it is usually a toggle-able option in device settings), so it is changing your input.

Tivos do not support CEC, so it doesn't automatically return to the input the Tivo is on.

You can read more about CEC here, if you are interested:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI (the CEC section is about 1/4 of the way down)