1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cincinnati Bell Fioptics / Good News!

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by dolfer, Sep 26, 2009.

1. dolfer

dolfer Miles Standish Proud

Nov 3, 2000
    Milford,...
    Just an FYI for those in Cincinnati who have the chance to upgrade to Cincinnati Bell Fioptics TV and Internet service...

This is direct from a high ranking Fioptics manager:

And this is from some dude who posted a review on my blog:

I'll post more info as it becomes available. If you have Fioptics and want to talk about it, please post here!

2. dolfer

Nov 3, 2000
    Milford,...
    ANyone out there with Fioptics and a TivoHD????? Please document your experience in as much detail as you can.

ANy and all info appreciated... Price, Cable Cards, PQ, installation, etc...

3. dolfer

Nov 3, 2000
    Milford,...
    Well maybe I spoke too soon. According to Gamo in another thread Fioptics IS setting the copy protection flag on EVERYTHING.

Hopefully someone else can chime in to either confirm or deny this situation.

4. Grumock

Grumock New Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Nowhere...
    Your first post was correct when it said, " we don't set the copy protection flag unless mandated by the programmer ". That really leaves a lot of wiggle room when it comes to accountability. Don't you think? The old saying "the grass is always greener on the other side "comes to mind

5. gamo62

gamo62 Member

Oct 12, 2002
    Apparently Dzucco seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth. After two emails and a PM regarding the CCI flag, I've heard nothing. Perhaps he wasn't as knowledgeable as we thought. Who else should I contact about thie issue?

6. dolfer

Nov 3, 2000
    Milford,...
    AFAIK, Cincinnati Bell isn't the giant monolithic corporation that Time Warner is... Based on my experience with their ZoomTown service, you can usually get through very quickly to technical support. Explain the issue and work your way up the chain until you find someone who knows something. And then of course post your findings here!

7. gamo62

gamo62 Member

Oct 12, 2002
    I received an email from Dzucco, and he told me that they are working on the problem. As of today, the CCI0x02 flags have been removed from my non premium channels. I do not have premium channels, but HD Net copies fine. Outstanding job! Thanks!

8. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Fingers crossed!

Verizon provides the landline telco service in my area. Does that mean I will never be able to get FiOptic service, i.e., my only possibility is Verizon FIOS (which I don't think will reach north Dayton in my lifetime)?

I'm fed up with TWC Tuning Adapter problems (not to mention copy protection).

9. RW1

RW1 New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    I just had Cincinnati Bell Fioptic set up today. I have a Series 2 Tivo, and I have not had any issues so far. Both tuners work as well as I did not get a cable box.

10. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
  11. jhauser77

jhauser77 New Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Do I have to change any internal settings on the Tivo Premier since it's a new cable provider, cable M card and I no longer use a tuning adapter?

The guide is recognizing channels but it is not showing live tv or any channels.

12. jhauser77

jhauser77 New Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Working. My bad.
    YOU DO HAVE TO SETUP TO A NEW CABLE PROVIDER. We may have been have been getting channels with first M card but we didn't know to to reset the channel guide.
    Whoops. We tried 3 cards before we figured it out.