1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charter / North Texas lineup change

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by dolphin, Jun 14, 2013.

1. dolphin

dolphin New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Charter recently (June 11) went to all digital in North Texas. I dutifully installed cablecards and paired them. No problem with that. Went through all of the setup again to download the new channels. But, TiVo does not seem to know about the channel lineup change for this particular area. To check, I did Repeat Guided Setup and input a zip code for a Charter area that went through the changeover in April. The lineup then is pretty close (but not perfect as expected).

I have submitted a lineup problem ticket at tivo.com. However, the responses seem like the support person on the other end of email is responding from a script.

I thought that I would come here and see if anyone else from the North Texas/Dallas area has had this problem and had better luck getting a resolution.

2. stahta01

stahta01 Simple Member

Dec 23, 2001
    Fort Wayne,...
    One thing to try years ago; might no longer be valid is check zap2it.com.
    TiVo and zap2it.com used to get their from the same source.

A lot of times if zap2it.com and TiVo are wrong in the same way; it was sometimes faster to call the cable provider to get zap2it.com corrected and TiVo would also get fixed.

Tim S.

3. dolphin

dolphin New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I checked zap2it and they show a lineup called "Digital Rebuild". At about the same time, TiVo support replied to Repeat Guided Setup and to select "Charter Communications - Dallas, TX (Digital Rebuild)" .

Well, there is no such thing in Guided Setup as Digital Rebuild, but now after going through it, I do see that the Lineup in Settings>System does show Digital Rebuild.

So apparently TiVo did make a change so that the lineup works in this area. Their solution gave incorrect information, but the Repeat Guided Setup does work now. 5 days later.

4. ggieseke

ggieseke Active Member

May 30, 2008
    One thing to remember is that once they're done with the entire area the digital rebuild lineup will probably disappear. Expect more craziness at some time in the future.