1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

channel listing issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by skierrob, Aug 12, 2013.

1. skierrob

skierrob New Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Charter in my area added CMT HD recently. Still not listed in zap2it after about a month, which means no guide data in Tivo.

Submitted a channel lineup issue form with Tivo and also emailed zap2it.

Get the response back "Your cable tv provider has confirmed that the current lineup is correct and that no changes are required."

So still no listings in zap2it or Tivo. :(

Any ideas where to go from here? Also due to this issue I'm getting a bit concerned because Charter is doing a complete remap of channels and adding about 50 new channels in about three weeks and I don't want to be without proper guide data for months before Charter and Tivo get their act together.

2. UCLABB

UCLABB Active Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Where are you? I have Charter in Riverside, CA and they are spotty about letting Tribune know about lineup changes- yes, it is up to the cable company to notify. Tribune/TiVo can only go by what the cable company tells them. Sometimes Charter tells them about a lineup change (and I get the notification from TiVo) and sometimes they don't. I suppose it is possible that the company notifies Tribune, but Tribune is remiss in making the change.

I presume that Charter would notify about a huge change that you say is coming up.

3. Jed1

Jed1 Active Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Frackville, PA.
    Use Zap2It and find the PDF or print version of your channel line up on your cable companies web site. Copy and paste the web address in the comments section along with brief explanation of the channel changes. If there is a lot of changes just say that in your explanation. This way Tribune doesn't have to contact your provider with the information.
    http://www.zap2it.com/services/site/help/zap-faq-contact-channel,0,5059403.htmlstory

4. skierrob

skierrob New Member

Jun 8, 2009
    I'm in Long Beach -- we along with Glendale and Burbank are getting some big channel lineup changes in the next few weeks. They are going "all digital" here and killing all the analog channels.

5. ecr80

ecr80 New Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Puerto Rico
    just did this, hopefully they update quickly. thanks!