1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Channel list

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by mahohmei, Jul 17, 2013.

1. mahohmei

mahohmei New Member

Dec 18, 2008
    I have a TiVo Premiere, and I have what is either a wish, or something that's doable but I don't know how:

I want the TiVo to automatically scan the entire CableCARD-from-Comcast channel list, check the channels I'm authorized for, and uncheck those for which I am not.

Is this doable? Does TiVo want to implement this? I'll take a TiVo employee out to lunch if they program this in. :)

Thanks

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra Cable only

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I don't know your viewing habits, but I go through the list once to select my channels and select favorites. I then can select what the guide shows. Usually it's only the 20 or so favorites out of 200+ in the lineup.

Because of the cable card, there are no dead air channels to be skipped.

3. DJQuad

DJQuad Poker Junkie

Dec 22, 2004
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Nope not automatically.

4. miadlor

miadlor Member

Sep 4, 2003
    Rhode Island
    Mine are doubled also.....just happened this morning on 2 Premieres.
    Not all, just from 1138 up/ Cox

5. Bigg

Bigg Active Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Hartford-...
    It was a PITA, but I manually killed off all the SD channels that have HD duplicates on mine.

6. nrnoble

nrnoble Member

Aug 25, 2004
    This request seems logical\pracatical, but I guessing its not an easy thing for them to implement or there maybe some cablecard rule that forbids them from disabling channels. I can imagine that channel\stations owners do not wants their channels disabled from the channel guide, even when its not part of the subscribers package.

7. mahohmei

mahohmei New Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Here's another reason it's such a PITA: Comcast's channel lineup appears to be classified information, at least if I want it as a convenient PDF I can sit down with in front of the TV. The only way to get a single-sheet fold-up channel lineup is by physically visiting the Comcast office here.

I'd love to see Comcast pubish a PDF for the following situation: "I have the XYZ cable package with HD, show me a list of all channels, but not the SD duplicates."

Better yet, have a way for a TiVo to be told this. :)

8. Bigg

Bigg Active Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Hartford-...
    They want channels you don't get in there so that you'll flip through the guide, click on them, and then upgrade your package to get those channels.

9. DJQuad

DJQuad Poker Junkie

Dec 22, 2004
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I don't know why TiVo can't do it. It's "smart enough" to detect if you can get a particular channel or not.

10. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Especially since nowadays you see the "Not Authorized" message, yeah, it seems like Tivo could do this. (Though ONCE in a while I do see another message... sort of like the 'channel not available', but IIRC, worded slightly differently... and changing channels and back went back to the unauthorized message.. so it apparently can get confused.)

11. rknobbe

rknobbe New Member

Sep 26, 2011
    I've always wanted that "Not Authorized" message have a "Delete this channel" button in it. Eventually the list would get cleaned up, even if you can't do it during a scan.