1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Channel Banner Sizes?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by aggets, Sep 4, 2012.

1. aggets

aggets New Member

Sep 24, 2006
    sun prairie wi
    Hi

I just upgraded to Premiere from HDXL. The Premiere users manual says

"The channel banner displays the show’s title, description, ratings, and other information. It
    appears whenever you change the channel. To view the channel banner while watching a show,
    press INFO.
    The channel banner can be displayed in three different sizes. Press the RIGHT arrow cycle
    through the sizes of the channel banner. Press the LEFT arrow or CLEAR to hide it."

When I press the right arrow it seems to have no effect. When I did that in my XLHD it worked as expected.

Any ideas?

Thanks Andy

2. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    This was changed with the latest update to the HDUI when they added the new channel banner (the one that appears at the bottom of the screen instead of the top). There are no size options anymore unless you switch back to the SDUI and then it will look just like your TiVo HDXL.

I guess they never updated the Viewer's Guide to account for this ... in versions 20.1 and higher they now call it the information banner.

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/210/kw/channel banner

3. aggets

aggets New Member

Sep 24, 2006
    sun prairie wi