1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing tv providers and recorded shows

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by richardbjr, Oct 16, 2012.

1. richardbjr

richardbjr New Member

Jul 9, 2010
    I am thinking about changing from fios tv to Comcast and am wondering if I will lose my recorded tv shows when I switch. The tivo is a premiere series. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    You will not lose your recordings, they are independent of the cable provider.

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You will not lose any of your recorded shows, even if the Tivo has cable cards changed. You just need to re-run guided setup when your new cable is installed and if any cable cards are needed/changed.

4. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern...
    Where are you that you would think about that switch? I went from Comcast to FiOS several years ago, and wouldn't consider going back to Comcast.

5. richardbjr

richardbjr New Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Thanks for the information everyone.

I am in the Philly, PA area. I like the FIOS a lot, but it's a question of cost and value at this point. FIOS has been creeping the price up over time and my cost for a triple play is going to be 140/month in the next month. I got a deal from Comcast today that is 69/month for premier TV and Blast Internet for a year and they throw in the cable card. No contract either. Couldn't get this deal online, it was actually a rep in Best Buy that gave it to me.