1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing "Keep Until" date trashed metadata

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by lpwcomp, Jun 9, 2013.

1. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    I had some movies I recorded more than a year ago marked KUID (2 "Boston Blackie" and one "Falcon"). I decided that, while I may eventually watch them, I would rather they go away than miss recording something else, so I changed the date to today's date. Didn't notice at the time, but now the show up in the NPL with the name "Rec:69 TCM 10:45AM". I used kmttg to get the metadata for one of them, posted below.

Code:
    time : 2012-05-26T14:45:00Z
    iso_duration : PT1H15M
    showingBits : 0
    displayMajorNumber : 69
    callsign : TCM
    programId : 147192_1656750080
    Note the programId. It is completely bogus. As a comparison, the programId for a different "Boston Blackie" film ( never set to KUID) is MV000156570000.

The TiVo is running 20.3.1

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    kmttg will make a unique ProgramId out of url id + recording date if the TiVo XML metadata doesn't have one which must be the case here. i.e. If you check the XML data on your TiVo you will find there is no ProgramId which also explains why you are seeing a bogus name in the HDUI. (You may get a better non-bogus name in the SDUI).

3. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Same name in SDUI, which is what I expected.

Based on what you said about kmttg, it appears that most of the metadata was zeroed out.

There is another weird thing - two pieces of data are displayed on the TiVo but are not reflected in the .txt file - record date/time and length.

BTW, could you modify kmttg so that this type of programId is not written to the metadata file?

4. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    ?? time & iso_duration are there in the .txt dump you posted above.

5. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    You're correct. Sorry. They don't show up in the one created by pyTivo.