1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change to Program when it starts

Discussion in 'VirginMedia TV with TiVo - UK' started by Laurent, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Laurent

Laurent New Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I changed to a TIVO from a V+ Box yesterday and alsready i am deeply regretting this move.
    1st gripe - why the hell cover up the HDMI socket with a piece of white sticky tape? Another useless waste of time that plagues modern life, obvioulsly!
    My question is this.
    On the V+ box I could browse the guide, select a TV show that was going to start in a few minutes, click ok anf be asked "do you want to change at start?", to which i would click OK again, and return to watching, safe in the knowledge that that's exactly what whould happen. And lo and belhold, it did, and I was happy.
    So where is wonderful SIMPLE action on the slow pile of plastic garbage that seems to insist i record thigs. I NEVER RECORD ANYTHING, I simply casually watch a program, then want it to switch to another automatically. No muss no fuss.
    Please tell me this can be done otherwise Virgin Meda are going to get a call saying "please fix my TIVO, as I have indavertently set it on fire, and beaten out the flames with a ten pound lump hammer"

2. Paul Webster

Paul Webster Member

Nov 16, 2003
    UK
    I'm not near a TiVo right now but check to see if there is an option to "Remind" when setting a Record request.
    If there is then I think it will also change channel.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016