1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Castle, OAD 10/8/12 "Your secret's safe with me"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Unbeliever, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Unbeliever

Unbeliever Random Nobody

Feb 3, 2001
    Altadena, CA
    They actually found an actor with a glass eye.

--Carlos V.
  2. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    My wife new the twist the second Castle handed the chief the items she cherished.

I imagine most watchers did as well.
  3. Peter000

Peter000 Active Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    I saw that coming, but I didn't predict he'd smash the wrong doll first. Then brazenly smash the one he gave her.

Even when trying to hide it, Castle's and Beckette's googly eyes should be fairly obvious to anyone that's looking. And the handshake they did was just as obvious as a full on kiss would have been.

Wonder when the honeymoon will end?
  4. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 New Member

May 25, 2006
    From the previews looks like maybe next week. There isnt a spoiler tag so cant really say much more.
  5. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    He could have at least shaken it first. And once he found it had something, used a dremel tool to cut it open so it could be glued back together (which must be what Wendell did). But Castle can be a dick sometimes.
  6. bkc56

bkc56 Designated Grunt

Apr 29, 2001
    Santa Rosa,...
    My thought was: if they could get the eye/usb INTO the doll without breaking it, couldn't one also get it OUT?

Breaking the doll(s) had no logic and was only there for the shock value.
  7. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Or to show that even when he's being clever Castle can be a complete idiot sometimes, but they clearly weren't going that direction. (I was waiting for somebody to make your point, which could have resulted in Castle spending vast sums on eBay to make his idiocy good.)
  8. Flop

Flop Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I was thinking about this earlier and wondered why the guy went through all the hassle to break in and steal the glass eye. If he had DNA from the eye from the accident, it should have been simple to get another DNA sample without the break in and glass eye theft. Or was he just comparing the eyes? I think I remember them discussing DNA, but it's been a few days so I could be mistaken.
  9. Idearat

Idearat New Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Castle being a millionaire and all could just buy replacement dolls for the Captain. No real reason to have her back to being angry with him, other than to fit the writer's plans for the series.
  10. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    It's right here.

Attached Files:

11. Ereth

Ereth Active Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Remembering that the A plot and the B plot often mirror one another, it is instructional to remember that Alexis actually asked "how can you be so smart and so clueless at the same time?". :)
  12. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    As soon as Castle gave the new boss the doll and then the other cop asked why he couldn't have something free, Castle answered "because you already like me", I know that he would eventually have to break the new boss' doll which would make her mad again.
  13. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Although in this case that seems to have been a coincidence, since they never actually did anything with it or even acknowledged it.

It seems to have been done entirely to piss off the captain again, without any recognition that it was a logically stupid move.
  14. Ereth

Ereth Active Member

Jun 16, 2000
    I agree. And they completely glossed over the glaring inconsistency of spending the entire episode bemoaning that "nothing of any value" was in the storage unit which lay in stark contrast to the Captains speech upon seeing the Gemini of "do you know how valuable this is.. how hard to find..?"

The one item of value in the entire container, a cop points out it's value to you, and you spend the rest of the hour wondering why you can't find anything of value.

I think the writers were half asleep on this one.
  15. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    That doll was worth a $150 bill all day long...