1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Watch Now error & can't remove old HDs from My Shows

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Tanquen, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Tanquen

Tanquen Member

Jun 1, 2002
    Napa, CA
    Is watching a show from another Roamio not aloud with the base Roamios? Like you need steaming to do that? I just get the "Can't Watch Now" error.

Also, my old HD units were online for a time while setting up but now I can’t get rid them from the My Shows list. With one of the Roamios it gave the option to remove it as it was not found on the network. I removed those but on the other unit it just says they aren’t on the network with no option to remove them. Can’t you edit the list somewhere?

Unrelated but anyone know why the Thread Subscription email notification don’t work?

Thanks.

2. Tanquen

Tanquen Member

Jun 1, 2002
    Napa, CA
    Hmm… I would have thought someone would have seen this before. ???

3. JGC650I

JGC650I New Member

Sep 1, 2013
    I too randomly get the can't watch now error on MRV with a Roamio Pro and Plus setup. No identifiable pattern to it. A reboot always corrects it, but sometimes I have to reboot the client-side box and other times the host to clear it up. Doesn't appear to be a network issue as both boxes see each other and all content fine, just intermittently throws up the error message when actually try to play something. On wired ethernet setup without MoCA.

4. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    If you don't want your "old HD units" to show up in the Roamio's My Shows list, you can go to your TiVo account online and disable downloads and transfers (under DVR preferences) on those units.

5. sheshechic

sheshechic Member

Apr 14, 2012
    I've been having the problem since day 1 between two Roamio Pros. It seems that I once I start to transfer, then the problem clears up for a bit.

A new development is that now it will randomly lose connection from the other Roamio, but if I go to a different recording it will work just fine.

These dang Roamios are too glitchy!