1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't transfer programs to Series2

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by all_being, Jun 30, 2013.

1. all_being

all_being New Member

Mar 21, 2011
    I have a TiVo Premiere and Series2 box. For the past few months, I have been unable to transfer programs from the Premiere to the Series2. The boxes both see each other and I can transfer from the Series2 to the Premiere. When I choose a program to transfer to the Series2, I get a message that the program will be transferred and an entry is in my To Do list, but it never starts the transfer process. Any ideas?!?!

2. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    Sometimes happens when a transfer does not complete and becomes stuck a reboot of the series2 should fix it. If it gets stuck again you may have a problem video that won't complete.

3. NotNowChief

NotNowChief Addicted to TiVo

Mar 29, 2012
    New York...
    Can a Series 2 receive and play HD content, downconverted to SD?

Assuming of course, we are talking about an HD recording.

4. moedaman

moedaman New Member

Aug 21, 2012
    A Series 2 will not allow the transfer of hd content. The show will have the red circle with a line in the middle before the name in the Now Playing list.

5. all_being

all_being New Member

Mar 21, 2011
    I have rebooted the box a couple of times, but doesn't seem to help. The show does appear in the "to do" list, but never actually starts transferring, so it isn't a problems with SD vs. HD either.

6. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    I verified that I can transfer a recording made on a Premiere XL4 to watch on a stand alone single tuner Series 2.

Last nite I transferred a half hour recording made on the XL4 to watch on the TSN 240.xxx model Series 2 The transfer started less than a minute after selecting transfer and took less than 20 minutes I watched it while transfering without any issue.

The S2 is connected to a wired network using a Linksys USB to 10/100 adapter.

All_being
    - Have you received the 20.3.1 Update on the Premiere that may be needed because of the expired cert on the Series 2
    - What is the setup of your network?
    - Can you access the TiVo's built in web page? https://tivos_IP_address//nowplaying/index.html
    User Name: tivo
    Password: TiVo's MAK

7. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Are you sure the show is not HD? If so what cable system are you using? There was a user here recently using a small cable system and they changed all of his channels to H.264. If your cable system happened to do the same thing then you'll never be able to transfer anything from the Premiere to the S2 again because the S2 can not play, or even store, an H.264 file. Have you gotten any notices from the cable company recently saying anything about and upgrade or needing to get a new box?

8. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Does the Premiere support the SPS code that puts a status line at the bottom of the screen?
    I believe it is [select] [play] [select] [instant replay] [select].

If so, then the OP can turn on the status line and check the resolution of the videos that way. If they are anything other than 720 X 480
    (or whatever the Series 2 supports), they will not transfer.

9. bshrock

bshrock New Member

Jan 6, 2012
    The size of the recording would be another indicator. I am transferring a 30 minute 840 MB recording from the Premiere to a Series 2 it was recorded from a digital channel.