1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't get Xfinity On Demand with XL4??

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by rob_gendreau, Jul 12, 2012.

1. rob_gendreau

rob_gendreau Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Oakland
    So, I read here and elsewhere I can get this with an XL4 in SF Bay Area (Oakland).

Order one, go to get Comcast account, rep tells me no go; can't get On Demand without their set top box. Go back to Tivo support site; says to get it I have to have On Demand subscription.

OK, so now back to Comcast: can I get this or not with just a Premiere?

Or should I just get the regular ol' Comcast service up and running and then start pestering them to ADD the on demand service?

2. WVZR1

WVZR1 Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...
    If the Comcast/VOD is available in your area I would think you only need to pick-up your cable card, let the machine do the updates to the most current software, get the card authorized and as long as you've subscribed to a Comcast "package" that includes VOD it will take care of itself. Now if you just did "basic" or a very "low tier" digital package that very well might not include VOD privliges.

It doesn't surprise me that if you walked into a "service center" and asked that question that you would get that response. The service is relatively "new" and I'm sure there's many "service center" employees that it's what they've been told through years of training.

If the most recent software has eliminated most of the "glitches" it's possible but unlikely Comcast might actually promote the service to TiVo owners. If you've got a cable-card there's probably better than a 90% chance I'd think that it's in a TiVo - they know who "we are"!!!

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You would need the software version 20.1.+ to get the Comcast VOD. If you recently activated your premiere, make about 4 more Tivo Connections, until the status says 'Pending Restart'

4. rob_gendreau

rob_gendreau Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Oakland
    That's the problem...they won't even let me subscribe to it. I suppose it might be easier to add it later. I assume that if it WAS on my bill it would be much more difficult to get it off if I have to cancel.