1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't get to TiVo central

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ahwman, Feb 28, 2013.

1. ahwman

ahwman Member

Jan 24, 2013
    I'm having the same issue with both of my Premiere XL4's wherby my TiVo's will respond normally to the TiVo button either using the remote or the iPhone/iPad app for a while and then all of a sudden the button seems to have no effect until I reboot. This issue is not related to my remote as this behavior occurs with both of my remotes as well as the iOS TiVo app and clears up after a reboot. Sometimes, I'll hear the ding when I press the TiVo button but no UI. FYI, I'm using the HD menus. I'm starting to wonder if this is related to the iOS app...

Has anyone else had this experience?

2. bshrock

bshrock New Member

Jan 6, 2012
    No, I have not seen this problem since the 20.2.2.1 update does the HDUI Reset Thumbs Down, Thumbs Up, Play, Play. have any effect?

3. ahwman

ahwman Member

Jan 24, 2013
    I've tried this several times with no result. I suspect because the UI isn't actually frozen, it's just for some reason that it doesn't respond to the TiVo button during this time. Very odd and I'm just not sure of the pattern that triggers it if there is one at all...

4. bshrock

bshrock New Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Just a thought.

Strange that It's only the TiVo button. Are you able to left arrow back to TiVo Central?

5. ahwman

ahwman Member

Jan 24, 2013
    No, when I arrow left, I hear a "Ding" but can never get back to the TiVo Central screen.

6. flyingchange

flyingchange New Member

Apr 6, 2013
    This is the exact problem I was having. Power cycling the Tivo seems to have fixed it.