1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't get a cablecard from TWC

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by jpurvis00, Nov 20, 2013.

1. jpurvis00

jpurvis00 New Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Hey guys, I can't seem to get a cablecard from TWC. I went to the local office and they told me that they had them at the warehouse and could only send out a technician to install it. I then called TWC and asked them to send me one on 11/7. The lady said no problem and it would be out in 2-3 business days. I called on 11/14 as I still hadn't received one. That person told me it should be there on 11/18. Still no card. I called today, 11/20 and the guy told me that cablecard mail delivery to my area is not available. I live in the Richmond KY area. What do I need to do here? Thanks.

2. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Sounds like a complaint to the FCC is in order. They are supposed to have cable cards for self-install if they have other set-top boxes available for self-install.

3. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    That limitation was only in effect for 3 months. As of 11/1/2011, all cable operators must allow self-install of CableCARDs under all circumstances, even if they don't allow self-installs of their STBs.

4. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Even better. Thanks. I forgot about that bit.

5. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    i ran into the same situation with comcast in al. i went ahead and scheduled the installation with the tech, and filed a complaint with the fcc before he arrived. he gave me the card, i put it into tivo, he made a phone call, and it was done - no wonder cable bills are so expensive.

if you wait for compliance from the cable co, it might be a few years, if ever. they'll probably just get an advisory letter...

6. BiloxiGeek

BiloxiGeek Reality Challenged

Nov 18, 2001
    Gulfport,...
    Shortly after that FCC rule was put into effect I found out that CableOne in Gulfport, Ms was issuing out multi-stream cards. I decided I should trade in the two single-stream cards for one multi-stream on each of my Tivo HD's. When I called the lady I talked to wanted to schedule the truck roll and I told her she could not force a truck roll on since they were required to support customer installs. She tried to tell me that wouldn't go into effect for another year. I told her she was wrong, the year delay was only for certain companies and that CableOne didn't fit that category. I told her I was looking at a printed copy of the FCC rule while talking to her and was prepared to file a formal complaint with the FCC if she continued with the forced truck roll. She put me on hold to "talk to her supervisor", and then came back a couple minutes later and told I could stop by their office and trade my single stream cards for 1/2 the quantity in multi-stream cards.

I stuck to my guns, let them know in plain english that I had read the FCC rules and wasn't going to succumb to their insistance for a truck roll. From what I hear from other customers in the local area they've gotten much better about it. When I got my Roamio I made one call to verify things and dropped by their office the next day to pick up a multi-stream card for it. Easy as could be.

7. jpurvis00

jpurvis00 New Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Ok, thanks for the advice guys. Guess I'll roll back to my local office and talk with them again.