1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't connect tivo to my wireless network

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by rimska, Feb 10, 2008.

1. rimska

rimska New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Help! I've tried everything I can think to try, and I'm having no success connection my series 2 DVR with tivo wireless adapter to my wireless network. I have searched through countless forums, tried everything I can think of, and can't get tivo to find the gateway. The SSID comes up with no problem. First I was getting n02- no dhcp client ID error messages when I tried letting it assign an IP automatically, then I tried assigning a static IP and got n07- cannot find gateway. I've reserved a static IP in my router settings; didn't help. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Help!

2. worachj

worachj Active Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Eagan, MN
  3. rimska

rimska New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    I've entered the MAC address of the tivo adapter in my router, no luck. I'd also already gone through the steps in that link to no avail.

4. rimska

rimska New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Oh, and I also tried turning off encryption on the router, but got message N10- no wireless access point

5. worachj

worachj Active Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Eagan, MN
    Sometimes the TiVo network settings get screwed up if you enter some wrong information during set up. Instead of selecting the SSID from the list, select the “enter your SSID” and then type in your SSID. This seems to reset the network information if it’s screwed up.

6. rimska

rimska New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    I've also tried that. I've been at this for days, trying everything I can find posted online... I still get N02- no DHCP client ID when I try by entering in the SSID manually

7. pdhenry

pdhenry Safety Pin

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    Make sure the router is set to issue enough IP addresses.

When I initially set up my router I limited it to something like 10 addresses, and recently realized I'm coming close to that.

8. rimska

rimska New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    It will accept 50 addresses, and the tivo adapter is assigned to one of them.

9. worachj

worachj Active Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Eagan, MN
    So it sounds like you can’t talk to your router. Turn off encryption and Mac filtering on the router and then power cycle your devices. Restart your router first, then the TiVo and do the network setup.

10. elmoore

elmoore New Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Has this issue been resolved? I just received a replacement Series 2 and I cannot connect it to my home network. The previous unit had no issues connecting to the exact same network and I seem to be having all the symptoms listed by rimska. Can I assume that worachj's advice worked?

11. Hot4Bo

Hot4Bo Finally an Avatar! TCF Club

Apr 3, 2003
    South Florida
    I was having these problems too this week. A reset of my router fixed the problem.

12. tootal2

tootal2 New Member

Oct 14, 2005
    You sure someone is not using a cordless phone and blocking the single? I have that problem here in my condo sometimes.

Oops i get that problem on my s2. rebooting it fixes it.