1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot permanently delete shows

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by stlbluesfan74, Jul 27, 2012.

1. stlbluesfan74

stlbluesfan74 Mike

May 2, 2012
    St. Louis
    I have two shows in my Recently Deleted folder that will not let me permanently delete. I select each show and tell it that I want the show permanently removed and it acts like it accepted my command but it nevers gets removed.

I tried transferring it to another box, but all that really did was create another copy. It did not remove it.

Any suggestions?

2. bshrock

bshrock New Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Probably locked by a MRS event gone bad. Recover the shows from deleted then play each to the end and delete them. Just in case reboot the DVR to make sure all remote locks are released.

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    I have had that problem before, and what I did was to recover the other deleted shows and then delete the problematic shows.

4. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Rebooting should clear it up. I had one like that last night. Source Premiere (at least I think that is what happened) rebooted while I was streaming something in progress to another Premiere. I was unable to permanently delete one of the resulting partial recordings until I rebooted.

5. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Yup, I do what James does. I don't know why this happens sometimes. It's weird and, for whatever reason, it always happens with Hell's Kitchen and Master Chef. I just delete everything that will delete, then restart the Tivo and when I go back in they delete without any problem.