1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot mark a show "Keep until I delete"?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by flar, Sep 25, 2013.

1. flar

flar Member

Mar 17, 2003
    San...
    I transferred a bunch of shows from my old Premiere XL to my new Roamio Pro that I had kept around for archival purposes with "Keep Until I Delete", but they came over with the default "Keep Until" settings (not surprised). The problem is that I can only mark half of them "Keep Until I Delete" on the Pro. The others allow me to click on that setting, but they just ignore it. On many of the shows, it was literally every other show that allowed me to change the setting vs. not. I also transferred one of the problem shows again and the new copy is also ignoring the delete settings.

2. DaveDFW

DaveDFW Member

Jan 25, 2005
    Richardson, TX
    Several people have experienced this. So far, the workaround seems to be deleting then recovering the recording on the Roamio. Then, you should be able to set KUID.

3. flar

flar Member

Mar 17, 2003
    San...
    Thank you so much for that workaround! I actually had done a search and hadn't seen that mentioned anywhere. It might be nice to include in the FAQ (or a workarounds FAQ).

BTW, when I recovered the shows, they went back to their folders at the appropriate location, but after I set them to KUID, they suddenly jumped to "nearly new". They still show their old record dates from last year, but they are now shown by date amidst a couple of episodes that were recorded over the last couple of days. Very odd meta-data shuffling going on there...

4. uw69

uw69 Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Washington
    Tivo sent out an update yesterday and once I got the update, KUID is working normally, no more using the workaround. May want to check and see if you get the same result.

5. mumpower

mumpower New Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Knoxville
    Thank you!

6. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    I experienced that also. Showed up near the top, instead of way down below.

Thanks for the good news.:up:

7. flar

flar Member

Mar 17, 2003
    San...
    That's good to hear that they fixed it! If I'd just waited a day I could have saved myself all of those round-trips through the delete queue on the workarounds. :(

8. uw69

uw69 Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Washington
    Tough news, transferred programs still require the workaround. Programs recorded by the Roamio don't require the workaround.

9. flar

flar Member

Mar 17, 2003
    San...
    D'oh! Then it wouldn't have helped me anyway. All of the shows I was marking were transferred... (I only have a dozen or so "OMG, that episode was *classic*" shows that I've marked KUID and a new one comes along about once a year)

10. JAB

JAB TiVoist Emeritus

Apr 27, 1999
    I was just bitten by this on a new Roamio involving some of the shows transferred from an HD XL. Major PiTA.

I've looked, but I don't see any new information on this. Anyone know anything?