1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Zipper be run more than once on a drive?

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by ARC, Jun 12, 2007.

1. ARC

ARC New Member

Dec 16, 2001
    Lago Vista
    I ran zipper from boot CD, but could not get sh to execute afterwards. I did see a "cp" error during zipper, so I am wondering if one can re-run zipper?
    The drive currently "works" in the TiVo HR10-250 box, and is able to record/play shows just fine, but no hacks are installed since tweak.sh refuses to run.
    Would zipper'ing the drive again cause death and destruction?

2. ttodd1

ttodd1 Proud Computer Geek

Nov 5, 2003
    SC
    "death and destruction" would be if you used a new image on it and wanted to keep any recordings, otherwise I think yes you can run it as many times as you'd like.

3. ARC

ARC New Member

Dec 16, 2001
    Lago Vista
    after running zipper again, replacing the drive into the TiVo, I get through the Welcome. Powering up.... message, followed by the "Almost there. Just a few minutes more..., only to then see a black screen with:

ERROR: Unexpected CPU revision

message. That does not go away. If I could only chew through these restraints I might say hello to Harry Kiri

I put it back into the pc and repeated the zipper, and get the same results. fascinating error: unexpected CPU revision....

any suggestions or diagnostics would be appreciated....what does UNEXPECTED CPU REVISION mean and how to I persuade it that I have NOT changed my CPU? I was careful with the 3-digit service number...