1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you hide Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by shadoh, Jan 30, 2014.

1. shadoh

shadoh New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    I just upgraded to Roamio (yay me!) from a Series 3. On my S3, I could open the Netflix "app" and tell it to hide/remove the Netflix option from my Now Playing list. However, on my Roamio, there are a TON of these (Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, Amazon, AOL On (whatever the heck that is), etcetera, and I haven't yet found a way to remove/hide these from showing up on my "My Shows." What's the trick to removing one or more of these?

2. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Isn't there a page where you can enable/disable each video provider buried under something like "Video" in the settings pages?

3. tatergator1

tatergator1 Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Go here: TiVo Central > Settings & Messages > Settings > Channels > My Video Providers

4. shadoh

shadoh New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Thanks!! :up:

Man, that wasn't an obscure place to put it at all. :confused:

5. khomel

khomel New Member

Mar 19, 2011
    But where does one remove those services from TiVo Mini? There is no channels option in settings on the Mini.

6. dslunceford

dslunceford Active Member

Oct 19, 2000
    No. VA/D.C.
    Aren't the Mini settings tied to the Roamio/Premiere it's linked to? I say that because I needed to add some channels this weekend and realized I had to do so from the Roamio. Don't know if it's the same for the other services or not...

7. khomel

khomel New Member

Mar 19, 2011
    I would have thought so, but it's not working at the moment for me. No AOL On on my Roamio, but it's there on the Mini.

8. SugarBowl

SugarBowl Member

Jan 4, 2007
    Cary, NC
    It takes awhile before the mini reflects the changes. Up to 48 hours.

9. khomel

khomel New Member

Mar 19, 2011
    It's been weeks. So that's not it. I've also rebooted the Mini since I made the change on the Roamio.

10. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    The Mini should reflect the settings on the TiVo. Maybe you need to reboot the TiVo instead of the Mini.

11. kbarry64

kbarry64 New Member

Aug 31, 2008
    Having the same issue here with the AOL.On. Turned it off on the Roamio Pro, and it doesn't show up in My Shows there. However, it does show up on the Mini.

Tried rebooting the Mini, the Tivo, and the Mini again. No luck, still there.

Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, have you found a solution. It's not a big deal, just a minor irritation. But definately a bug.

12. mikedow

mikedow New Member

May 17, 2005
    West Palm...
  13. garylapointe

garylapointe New Member

Feb 15, 2003
    Dearborn,...
    Been looking for DAYS. I hid them months ago and could not find them to turn Netflix back on...

That menu item really needs to be renamed "Channels & Video Providers".

Gary