1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can the Tivo TCD746320 be used for OTA?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Itproman, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Itproman

Itproman New Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Hastings,Ont...
    I am in Ontario,Canada and thinking of buying the following on Ebay:

TiVo Premiere Receiver Series 4 in Box TCD746320 HD

Can this be used for OTA,ie: HD Broadcasts?

btw: Is it possible to buy one on the TIVO website and have it shipped to Canada?

Thankyou

2. Tico

Tico Bear Down Cats!!!!!

Dec 9, 2002
  3. Itproman

Itproman New Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Hastings,Ont...
    Yeah,I found that one after I posted,forgetting that I'd already made an inquiry.

One point that has had me confused is that if you look on weaknees.com,they state what Tivo models can be used,then state that the series 4 cannot be used and yet,the one I was looking at on Fleabay says : "TiVo Premiere Receiver Series 4 TCD746320 "

Anyay,I wonder if it's even worth it,considering that here we only have: 1 analog(HD in Spring),2 HDs(1 has a SD sub channel)...not that I'm complaining,mind you.Afterall,some have none!

4. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    There is a lot of confusion about the "4" in the model names.

The entire Premiere line is considered "Series 4."

They have 2 models of Premiere that are called the "Premiere 4" and the "Premiere XL4." These have 4 in the name because they have four (cable-only) tuners. The regular "Premiere" and "Premiere XL" have two tuners and can record cable and OTA.

5. replaytv

replaytv gun talk ignore list

Feb 20, 2011
    Denver ish...
    Each ebay lister decides where a item can be shipped. And they usually state right on the listing. I don't ship anything to Canada because I was cheated twice on Canada dealings. And Paypal doesn't have buyer protection if shipped out of the usa.

6. Tico

Tico Bear Down Cats!!!!!

Dec 9, 2002
    He asked if Tivo would ship to Canada...

7. replaytv

replaytv gun talk ignore list

Feb 20, 2011
    Denver ish...
    Woops.... my bad