1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can not upload more then 6.40 hrs of a 14.hr program

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by caddyroger, Jun 4, 2014.

1. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    I have a Tivo series 4 elite. I recorded the 5 days of the civil war for a total of 121/2 hrs. I used Kmttg to download the programs to my computer. I used Vedioredo to edit out the start and endings and then used the Vrd joiner to join the 5 programs together. The total came out to a 14 hr 40gb program.
    I tried to push 2 times and tried to pull 2 times but I can only get 6.40 hrs to the tivo. Would any one know why it will only do 6.4 hrs?

2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    I remember I had tremendous difficulty with the Olympics back in 2004 (!), when they were airing it in 8-hour blocks on the HD channel. (This would've been with an HR10-250, OTA.) Just recording one of those blocks made the TiVo act flaky. I haven't attempted (and haven't had occasion to attempt) such a long recording since then, although I seem to recall lesser issues with some rare 4-hour recordings.

Anyway, I'd give up on this idea. If you really want to watch it for 14 hours straight, you can always use Folder Play.

3. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Sounds like there may be a field in the database for either the size or duration of a recording. When that field gets full, it either overflows, resulting in the "flaky" behavior or it stops recording/transfer.

4. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    When I had the 2 tuner premiere I would download the full season of 24 remove the ads and junk. I would join them together. It would be about 15 hrs program. I could upload the full 15 hrs to the premiere. I did not watch the program during the week. I would watch about 2 to 21/2 hrs a night until the finish.
    I guess I'l have to break it in 6hrs sections.