1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can not upload more then 6.40 hrs of a 14.hr program

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by caddyroger, Jun 4, 2014.

1. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    I have a Tivo series 4 elite. I recorded the 5 days of the civil war for a total of 121/2 hrs. I used Kmttg to download the programs to my computer. I used Vedioredo to edit out the start and endings and then used the Vrd joiner to join the 5 programs together. The total came out to a 14 hr 40gb program.
    I tried to push 2 times and tried to pull 2 times but I can only get 6.40 hrs to the tivo. Would any one know why it will only do 6.4 hrs?

2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    I remember I had tremendous difficulty with the Olympics back in 2004 (!), when they were airing it in 8-hour blocks on the HD channel. (This would've been with an HR10-250, OTA.) Just recording one of those blocks made the TiVo act flaky. I haven't attempted (and haven't had occasion to attempt) such a long recording since then, although I seem to recall lesser issues with some rare 4-hour recordings.

Anyway, I'd give up on this idea. If you really want to watch it for 14 hours straight, you can always use Folder Play.

3. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Sounds like there may be a field in the database for either the size or duration of a recording. When that field gets full, it either overflows, resulting in the "flaky" behavior or it stops recording/transfer.

4. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    When I had the 2 tuner premiere I would download the full season of 24 remove the ads and junk. I would join them together. It would be about 15 hrs program. I could upload the full 15 hrs to the premiere. I did not watch the program during the week. I would watch about 2 to 21/2 hrs a night until the finish.
    I guess I'l have to break it in 6hrs sections.