1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can not link my tivo to Zap2it

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by caddyroger, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Dec 4, 2013 #1 of 28
    caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    I have a Tivo XL4. I been trying to link it to zap2it but it fails. I get this message.

Sorry, we're currently unable to link your TiVo account to your Zap2it account. Please try again later or contact customer support.

I been trying it for about a week now. Does any one know what is causing problem and how to fix it?

2. Dec 5, 2013 #2 of 28
    Itproman

Itproman New Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Hastings,Ont...
    I've been having the same problem,so,rest easy.You're not alone!:mad:

3. Dec 9, 2013 #3 of 28
    deepeddy

deepeddy New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I just tried the same thing this morning. hmmm....

4. Jan 9, 2014 #4 of 28
    plantsower

plantsower New Member

Dec 24, 2003
    CA
    This is happening to me today. I just signed up to Zap2It. Is it still happening to any of you?

Thanks.

5. Jan 9, 2014 #5 of 28
    caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    I just tried it again and it is working now. I can not say for tomorrow oh.
    Give it a couple of days so the servers can get very thing inline.

6. Jan 9, 2014 #6 of 28
    plantsower

plantsower New Member

Dec 24, 2003
    CA
    I just tried it after I got your message, but it still doesn't work. I emailed Tivo and Zap2It. Zap2It got back to me and said they knew about it. I told them other people were getting the same message from months back that they knew about it, and would like an estimated time of getting it fixed. He said he would check and get back to me. Hmmmmmm.... Haven't heard back yet.

7. Jan 9, 2014 #7 of 28
    caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    I sent them an email when I posted this trouble. I still not have heard from them. When did you first try using Zap2it?

8. Jan 9, 2014 #8 of 28
    dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    I have a Tivo HD. I assume that is why "linking to zap2it" has never been an issue for me. What does it involve and what is the purpose?

9. Jan 9, 2014 #9 of 28
    plantsower

plantsower New Member

Dec 24, 2003
    CA
    Today, right before I posted here about it.

10. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    Give it to tomorrow or Saturday so the tivo can get registered on the tivo and Zap2it servers.

11. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    Are you asking what does Zap2it do?

12. plantsower

plantsower New Member

Dec 24, 2003
    CA
    No, I know what it does. Though I misunderstood at first. I thought I would be able to link Tivo to shows from websites like USA which channel I don't get because I have an antenna. Now I think I know that it links only programs on channels that that I have, right?

I was hoping I could watch psych on TV by hooking my computer to my TV via an HDMI adapter if I can't watch it with a link to Tivo.

Hope that made sense. :)

13. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    I was asking dlfl did he what o know about it. What you want to do will not work. You have be able to get the channel over the air or cable for zap2it will work.

14. plantsower

plantsower New Member

Dec 24, 2003
    CA
    Yeah, I finally figured that out. I will find another way. Thanks.

15. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    What I know is Zap2it is a web site that displays lineups based on your location, zip code, and programming source. It's run by Tribune Media Services, which provides Tivo guide data, and there will be a lineup that matches the lineup you need to set up using Guided Setup in a TiVo.

What I (still) don't know is what "linking to zap2it" means for a TiVo. (??) I was guessing it must be something you can only do with Tivo models newer than my Tivo HD (model 652160) since I've never heard of "linking to zap2it" after running my HD model for 4.5 years. Does this mean something beyond what occurs during Guided Setup?

16. moose53

moose53 New Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Set up an account on Zap2it and choose your channel lineup. If you link your Tivo to that account, you will then be able to schedule recordings based on the channel lineup on Zap2it. It's handy.

17. bayern_fan

bayern_fan New Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Just registered a Zap2It account, and I'm also unable to do the Tivo account link (using Roamio Plus)

18. shwru980r

shwru980r Active Member

Jun 22, 2008
    I've experienced this issue a couple of times over the past few years. It should start working again soon. The link is from your Zap2it account to your Tivo account so you can schedule a recording on any Tivo on your account. There will be a drop list to select the Tivo. It will even schedule a recording on a Series 2 Tivo.

19. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    Thanks! I assume this is preferred over using the tivo.com site because it provides a nicer interface and/or additional features. (??) As you can probably tell I don't use remote scheduling.

20. moose53

moose53 New Member

Aug 30, 2011

I prefer it. Tivo.com doesn't seem to remember your login information between sessions ... sort of a pain when you just want to schedule one or two things.

Also, you can set your grid on Zap2it to view a 6-hour timeframe (Tivo only shows 3 hours).

Barb