1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I use a Dlink USB wireless adapters for Series 3

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by mcf57, Mar 4, 2014.

1. mcf57

mcf57 Member

Oct 19, 2012
    GA
    I have a Dlink DWL-122 USB wireless adapter. Can this be used with my Series 3 (TCD652160)? If so, is it just a plug-n-play type install?

2. CuriousMark

CuriousMark Forum Denizen

Jan 13, 2005
    SoCal
    Check this list: http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/405/kw/usb adapter

If that adapter is listed for the model number of your TiVo, then it should work.

Honestly it may be faster to just plug it in. If the TiVo DVR recognizes it, you should be able to use it. If it doesn't work, just unplug it and move on.

I recall using one of those on a Series 2 many years ago, it worked fine at the time, but did slow down the DVR slightly.

3. Teeps

Teeps Active Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    If you have the device, plug it in and see what happens.

I have never used a "TiVo" or "TiVo approve" wireless adapter with my TCD648 (OLED) unit.

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    That adapter is a wireless-B and will not work on a Series 3, only the Tivo brand adapters will work. The Dlink, I have used it on a Series 2 and does not support WPA security.

5. mcf57

mcf57 Member

Oct 19, 2012
    GA
    I tried it and plugged it in. Nothing happened so its a no go. I guess its also since its a wireless B adapter (and only supports WEP security) is a major reason it doesn't work either. Oh well.