1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I purchase from AMZ & buy Lifetime from TiVo?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by NoVa, Jun 18, 2013.

1. NoVa

NoVa Member

Feb 26, 2006
    NoVa
    I have some Discover cash back that can reduce my upfront cost at Amazon on a Premiere 4 box.

I already have a Premiere dual tuner on a month-month agreement.
    Can I buy @ Amazon the P4 & add the Lifetime Service to its purchase after from TiVo?

I've read that there may be (by calling in) some current customer special pricing even less that the MSD $399 being currently listed - how true is this?

Appreciate any feedback.

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Yeah. You don't even have to call. You can go through the registration online and purchase lifetime there. Once you're logged in to your account it will reduce the price to $399.

I have not heard of any special discounts on lifetime except for the one where they will offer you lifetime on an old S3 box for $99 if you purchase a new Premiere with lifetime. Most of the discounts they have are on the box itself, and typically Amazon is still cheaper.

3. NoVa

NoVa Member

Feb 26, 2006
    NoVa
    Thanks Dan!

4. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Active Member

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    If you are keeping the old box you will also get the multi owner discount on your month to month unit.

5. Jed1

Jed1 Active Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Frackville, PA.
    I just talked to TiVo last night about this and they said that it is no problem. The only thing is if there is a problem with the box in the first 30 days I will have to exchange it with Amazon and then give TiVo the RMA number so they can transfer the lifetime subscription to the replacement box.

I was just notified by Amazon that my first TiVo will be here on Thursday. Not bad for super saver shipping as the original estimate was for Monday to Thursday of next week. I ordered it last night after I got off the phone with TiVo.

6. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    Given that TiVo has a full money back guarantee for the first 30 days, one can change TiVos in that 30 day period by just canceling the service and re-activating the new TiVo, another good reason to do it this way is you get another 30 day guarantee.

7. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    There is also a way to change TSNs via the webpage as long as you're in the 30 day window.

8. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    Does not work with any Series 4 !!

9. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I think it does for all units in the first 30 days.

10. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    As I said not for the Series 4 TiVos, I have tried this and it is a no go, you have to call TiVo and they will cancel and/or switch for you, but you can't do it on the web sight anymore for Series 4, it still works for older models.