1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can I control my Tivo HD from my computer?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by dhecker, Aug 23, 2010.

1. dhecker

dhecker New Member

Apr 26, 2005
    Hello all -

I used to be able to control my old Tivo (series 1!) from my computer, using a browser. Very handy when you were cleaning up season passes, etc.

Now I have a series 3 HD unit, and I want to do the same. Is it possible? the tivo website has a nice interface, but I can't really do much and I want to clean things up because I switched from cable to antenna recently and I have to recreate all the passes.

Any advice? thanks!

2. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    Visit the "other" TiVo forum.

3. sddave

sddave New Member

May 2, 2008
    In Tivo Underground see Tivo UI Control via Telnet

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    If you have the latest 11.0h update, you can use a USB keyboard and enter the wishlists/SPs that way.

5. StanSimmons

StanSimmons Senior Moment Member

Jun 10, 2000
    Flower...
    I'm guessing you had a TivoNet ethernet adapter and installed TiVoWeb or TivoWebPlus on your Series 1.

To install TivoWebPlus on your Series 3 TiVo, you have to "break the chain of trust" of the boot sequence. The only current known way to do that is to replace the boot rom on the Series 3, which requires surface mount soldering skills. Once that is accomplished, the rest of the hacking is just about as simple as it was on the Series 1 boxes.

6. dhecker

dhecker New Member

Apr 26, 2005
    The UI remote is pretty cool!
    I wish I could do the html interface, but i'm not sure I want to open up the box this time :)

7. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You won't need to do anything to the Tivo Box, just in the menu, there is

Messages & Setting / Settings / Remote, Cable Card & Devices / Network Remote Control/ Enabled

You can also plug in a USB Keyboard to type in the letters instead of the remote and the Ouija type screen input.