1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can comcast hd tivo be networked?

Discussion in 'HD Comcast TiVo DVR (Archive)' started by jimbob111, Feb 8, 2009.

1. jimbob111

jimbob111 New Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Hinsdale, IL
    Can a Comcast HD tivo be networked with non-Comcast HD Tivo's?
    I don't want to put out the extra $300 or so for a Tivo hd in a room that won't be used much but still want to be able to access recordings on other Tivo's via my wired network... Thanks in advance!! J

2. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    no

3. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Active Member

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    Since they cant be networked why not use a wireless audio/video transmitter to send the signal to the other room?

4. JoeTaxpayer

JoeTaxpayer Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Unfortunately, Comcast boxes don't even network with each other.

For what the two CC boxes rented for, I'll have saved enough to pay for the 2 lifetime tivos I bought in about 2-1/2 years.

5. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    This sounds good. Do you have any details on this suggestion (e.g. links)?

I'd like to access Comcast On-Demand from a box in another room and came to this forum to identify alternatives.

Slingcatcher (I have a slingbox connected to the Comcast DVR but would prefer not to go that route since I'd also need to purchase slinglink)

"Tivo Home Networking Application" (I have no idea how that could be accomplished.)

Connecting a laptop directly to TV as input and access Slingbox (I just need cables and would be at the mercy of wireless internet speeds)​