1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone get the season pass manager to work on tivo.com?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by rogmatic, Oct 2, 2012.

1. rogmatic

rogmatic New Member

Sep 17, 2009
    When I reorganize my season passes, I rarely am able to get the changes to save. Is there a secret to doing it? It is pretty frustrating when I spend a good amount of time reorganizing them and then lose all of the work. It obviously takes way too long to reorganize on the Tivo itself, so I was curious how others deal with this. Do you rely on the app?
  2. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    I tried it once or twice and had the same issue, none of the changes I made in the web interface showed up on my Tivo.
  3. compnurd

compnurd New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    I have never had an issue using the online. Usually takes about 15 min for the Tivo to update
  4. ShayL

ShayL New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I have setup several through the web. It usually works except for the times when I schedule it for the wrong channel like HBO2 vs HBO. The website seems to hide the channel or I maybe missing it that when I setup the SP.
  5. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Active Member

Oct 23, 2001
    I've had issues the few times I've used it, especially if rearranging more than 2 or 3 season passes. The move reorganizing I do the less likely it seems to succeed.

So it's ok for setting the priority for a newly added SP, but useless for reshuffling a bunch at once.
  6. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    I would think an hour would be the max. Don't the broadband connected TiVos "phone home" once an hour?
  7. edtude

edtude New Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Frederick MD
    Never had an issue
  8. Cynthia Blue

Cynthia Blue New Member

Jul 18, 2012
    I just got a Tivo couple days ago, set up all my season passes online... I think they worked okay, when I got home I seemed to see them all ready to roll... but I'll double check tonight. Don't want to miss anything!
  9. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    I don't think anyone is claiming that season passes are not being set up, it is their priority that is in question.

I have not had a problem with it, but I don't appear to watch the details as closely as the posters above.
  10. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I have had problems when changing priorities of existing passes. It seems to work fine if I just move a few passes around, but things go haywire when I start rearranging more than a half dozen passes. I do this at the beginning of the season when new shows premiere, days for some shows change, etc. Plus, I've got two Tivos, and need to coordinate things myself when there are multiple conflicts. (COOPERATIVE SCHEDULING WOULD BE NICE TIVO!)
  11. saidur001

saidur001 New Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Thanks, it is helpful to me
  12. TriBruin

TriBruin Active Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    Thread Bump!

I just got a used Premier to replace a Tivo-HD. I just found out about the Season Pass Manager and have been trying to use it to move my SPs from the old Tivo to the new one. It looks like it moved 3 then just stopped. I have tried removing everything from SPM and re-adding it. Any one has any suggestion on how to fix this?
  13. mattack

mattack New Member

Apr 9, 2001
    kmttg can move season passes. (I have not used this myself)

Yes, it is VERY unfortunate that you have to use third party software to get better results than the official stuff.. But it's better than nothing at all.

14. BruceShultes

BruceShultes New Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Albany, NY
    I don't guarantee I am correct, but I believe even the broadband connected Tivos still "phone home" only once a day.

The way to make sure any changes are downloaded to your Tivo is to force a connection.
  15. socrplyr

socrplyr Active Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Tivo's only download guide information and other settings once a day. That is one method, but there are other methods for getting information to the Tivo. Currently, things like recording requests are done much more frequently (at least every hour, but probably like 15 min). Another example, transferring a purchase from Amazon starts in a much faster time. There are different ways of achieving this. I presume something like the season pass manager would use a more frequent method than the once a day call. My guess is it should be reflected within 15 minutes to an hour.