1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can a Mini play anything?

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by yokito, Aug 22, 2013.

1. yokito

yokito New Member

Jan 18, 2005
    New Hampshire
    The Roamio looks very exciting and I'm considering returning to TiVo after eight years.

Can the Mini play all my premium channel shows that I record with my (future) Roamio?

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Yes. The Mini can stream anything recorded on the main TiVo. The only exception is it can not stream things you download from Amazon. Those can only be played on the main TiVo they're stored on.

3. buscuitboy

buscuitboy New Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Atlanta area
    Yea, I REALLY wish TiVo and/or Amazon would step this up a bit and make Amazon Prime streaming available on TiVos. The minis seem like the perfect opportunity for this too as they are pretty much strictly a streaming device. oh well :(

4. yokito

yokito New Member

Jan 18, 2005
    New Hampshire
    Great. One more question then: can I take my favorite premium shows with me on a business trip?

5. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Probably not. Most premium channels are protected and as such can not be downloaded. Apparently they're working on a new feature to allow streaming outside the home, but there is some evidence it might also have restrictions on premium channels.