1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Just a note that the site indexes are still building. Until they are done, anything that uses search will be affected such as normal search, post history, etc. It works from the oldest post first and is building forward in time. We could have waited for it all to be done, but hey, who uses search anyway? NOTE...The site will be slower until this is all done! Thanks for your understanding.
    Dismiss Notice

Cablevision NJ Channels in the 1000s?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by mlear, Oct 18, 2012.

1. mlear

mlear New Member

Dec 14, 2002
    I recently purchased a Premiere Elite with lifetime. I'm a cablevision NJ subscriber with platinum package and tuning adapter

For some reason, my new Tivo keeps trying to record channels in the 1000s that it can't receive. It is very frustrating because the Tivo will more often than not record empty channels like this instead of stuff in the regular range that has actual video! The Tivo seems to lock onto that station but with incorrect information!

For example, if I switch tuners, it will show some other channel's information on the bottom of the screen, but the channel number will show 1184. When I go to the guide, it will show the correct guide information for channel 1184, which differs from what the channel/tuner switch showed for that channel.

Please help! It's very frustrating, and I don't think I should have to go through hundreds of channels and manually deselect them to prevent the Tivo from locking on and recording these non-broadcast channels!
  2. jdfs

jdfs Unspecial Member

Oct 21, 2002
    I think you should deselect them. That is what I do for all non hd versions as well. Just spend 5 minutes and get rid of all the channels you don't want to record and you will never have to worry about it again.