1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cablecard - Customer Owned Equipment Credit

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by DM3MD157, Oct 10, 2013.

1. DM3MD157

DM3MD157 Member

Nov 29, 2012
    I currently have Comcast and I receive a $2.50 credit for my TiVo as a "Customer Owned Equipment Credit". Does Verizon FiOS also give this out as well?

2. socrplyr

socrplyr Active Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Verizon doesn't bundle in equipment with anything nor do they charge you an "digital outlet" (or whatever they are calling it these days) fee, so there is no need for a credit. For example, the plan price includes no equipment. If you want to watch anything you have to either add one of their boxes or a cablecard. Cablecards from them are $4.99, so they aren't exactly cheap. However, the Comcast digital outlet minus the credit is more. Now, that said, I believe that Comcast includes one digital outlet in their pricing. In that case w/ Comcast you pay advertised price - $2.50. Since Verizon doesn't include any equipment you pay advertised price + $4.99. I know at one time not all Comcast areas were the same, but I think most have standardized on that setup.

3. DM3MD157

DM3MD157 Member

Nov 29, 2012
    That makes sense, thank you for the clarification.