1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cable Card Worked w/o Call

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by HeatherA, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Sep 7, 2013 #1 of 10
    HeatherA

HeatherA Old AVS Forum Member

Jan 9, 2002
    I just took my cable card out of my TiVo Premiere XL and put it into my new Roamio Basic. I got the normal black screen saying to call to activate. Was finishing up some things and came back to the TiVo to make the call about 10 minutes later and miraculously my CC was activated and all my channels are as they should be. No call required.

That's a first for me since getting my first CC TiVo way back when. I'm beyond thrilled with how easy everything has been with the Roamio.

2. Sep 7, 2013 #2 of 10
    aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    What cable provider? With FiOS I can swap cards all day between devices and I will be able to see any channel that doesn't require the card to be paired. With FiOS only HBO, Cinemax, and their test channels require pairing.

3. Sep 7, 2013 #3 of 10
    cmshep222

cmshep222 Member

Feb 18, 2005
    That is not accurate at my end...Fios (in VA). The cards need to be paired to host_id etc to get any channel beyond locals. Local channels do show up w/out pairing. I just went through a big Cablecard pairing fiasco w/ Fios this week on my new Roamio.

Note, a couple years back...Fios had some sort of temporary waiver and did not have to pair cards. I used to be able to swap between devices, but changed a couple years back.

4. Sep 7, 2013 #4 of 10
    moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Since the card was already activated, non-CCI protected channels will tune fine. However, CCI protected channels won't tune without proper pairing.

5. Sep 7, 2013 #5 of 10
    Rkkeller

Rkkeller Active Member

May 13, 2004
    With Comcast, I took the CC out of my Premier and put it in the Roamio and got all the channels except premiums and On Demand.

6. Sep 7, 2013 #6 of 10
    HeatherA

HeatherA Old AVS Forum Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Wide open west. No premium channels

7. Sep 7, 2013 #7 of 10
    lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    That normal for Comcast.

8. Sep 7, 2013 #8 of 10
    ThreeSoFar

ThreeSoFar FourNow...WaitFive

May 24, 2002
    Baltimore
  9. Sep 7, 2013 #9 of 10
    aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    FiOS here in northern Va only requires the card to be activated. I've moved cards many times and most recently when I received my ROamio. Just putting the card in the Roamio and I could see all channels except HBO and Cinemax(and the test channels) But once the card was paired, I could then also see HBO and CInemax. I did this with both cable cards I had with the same result.

Now with local channels, the card doesn't even need to be activated and those will come in. I found this out after the FIOS tech de-activated my cable card when trying to pair it. After it was de-activated the only channels that could be received were the local ones.

10. redrum3

redrum3 New Member

Dec 25, 2003
    Chicago, IL