1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cable card/ tuning adapter

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by shaun-ohio, Feb 21, 2013.

1. shaun-ohio

shaun-ohio shaun

Jun 20, 2003
    zanesville,...
    i have a series 4 xl tivo now my question is can i take the cable card and tuning adapter from it and if i decide to buy the 4 tuner series 4 can i take it from one tivo and put it into the 4 tuner model? will it work or will i have to have twc come out for another intstall charge of 20 bucks?

2. tatergator1

tatergator1 Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    They can be transferred, but the CableCard will need "paired" to the new box. This does not require a tech visit, you just have to call the TWC National CableCard hotline at 1-866-606-5889. See here.

3. shaun-ohio

shaun-ohio shaun

Jun 20, 2003
    zanesville,...
    thanks for your help :)

4. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    The TWC CableCARD self-install number is: 866-606-5889 as given in post #2 here. There is another TWC national CableCARD support (NCCS) number that is good for general CableCARD and Tuning Adapter support: 866-532-2598.

Maybe both numbers go to the same place -- I don't know. I know the NCCS number keeps late hours and Saturday hours. It has always been said the NCCS number should be called only after trying local support, but there are numerous reports of people being allowed to call it directly and being helped.

5. shaun-ohio

shaun-ohio shaun

Jun 20, 2003
    zanesville,...
    many thanks for your help