1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C133 error

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by abovethesink, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Sep 9, 2013 #1 of 25
    abovethesink

abovethesink Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Anyone else get this frequently? I have a strong wireless N network that the Roamio does a great job picking up at high strengths. All other tech picks up the wifi flawlessly as well, including a 360 in the same tv stand. However, for some reason Roamio gives me the C133 daily. All I need to do is the good old router unplug so it isn't a serious issue, but what is going on that causes this? Right before it happens all the search functions and whatnot will become extremely slow as well.

2. stuartbrainerd

stuartbrainerd New Member

Sep 10, 2013
    yes, i just posted a new thread about my intermittent wireless connectivity problems. I am seeing the same issue. From what I can see the problem is that the wireless connection is dropping and then the Tivo loses connectivity, which i suspect is generating the problem.

3. tonestert

tonestert Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Charlottesvi...
    Yea I keep getting this error too and I'm getting it a lot.

4. questors

questors Member

Jun 4, 2009
    +1
    I swapped out my D-Link router and access point for an Apple Airport Extreme and that didn't help. TiVo support also has been of no help.

5. tivoknucklehead

tivoknucklehead Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    constantly recently, glad its not just me

6. kumaaz99

kumaaz99 Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Me too - just set up my new roamio and when trying to search this C133 error keeps coming up. It does go away but only for a short time.
    When you're doing these searches is the dvr accessing the network instead of searching loaded data? That's how it kind of acts (since I see a spinning blue wheel sometimes) although the wording "until fixed.." seems like it's calling it a tivo server error.
    It's at the far reaches of my network with a "good" strength. It downloaded everthing ok. My series III was in this spot with the network adapter up high and always worked fine with the "good" signal, now this roamio built in receiver is inside the cabinet.
    If it is caused by a weak signal can this new moca thing correct that?

7. 8bitbarbarian

8bitbarbarian New Member

Jul 4, 2004
    SF, Ca
    I'm going wired on my new Roamio basic and I'm getting that error too.

I'm initially thinking it is a firewall issue. I can turn my firewall off completely (linksys RV-082 router) and it seems to eventually connect to whatever it wants to get at. It does it's regular network connect successfully with the firewall on.

I even tried forwarding all traffic to tivo IP.

Still tinkering.

8. tivoknucklehead

tivoknucklehead Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    Got them constantly, had cable company switch out my router to new brand and model and I still get them constantly. I have many other devices with no issues. It has to be a roamio bug

Is it because I first set up as "wireless" before switching over to the TiVo n wireless Ethernet adapter?

I am very frustrated

9. civerson4

civerson4 New Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Same issue here. new convert from a Media Center PC to a Roamio + 2 Minis. Never had network issues between the Media Center PC (running Sage) and their extender devices (very similar a mini).

Had the Roamio hooked up for 2 days now. Mini's constantly losing connections with the Roamios. Very frustrating--as I wanted to simplify my home DVR solution not begin tinkering with the network. I am on a wired gigabit network in my home.

Any ideas? I've rebooted numerous times, switched from DHCP Ip addresses to static IP's, etc. Nothing else on the home wired (or wireless) network is having issues. And if I force a connection from the Roamio or Mini it is always able to connect.

10. bob61

bob61 Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Seems to come and go, guessing it may be something on Tivo's side since so many people are experiencing this.

11. WRX09MD

WRX09MD Member

Aug 24, 2013
  12. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
  13. iKryten

iKryten New Member

Sep 19, 2013
    Bethesda, MD
    I lose network connectivity (wireless n) every time I try to transfer programs from my Premiere. I usually have to reboot to get it working again. This plus some random reboots has led to a very unpleasant experience with the Roamio so far.

14. tivoknucklehead

tivoknucklehead Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    tech support told me to switch from my Tivo branded wirless N ethernet adapter (which ironically is not supported on the Roamio) to the built in wifi. Not happy with this because this will eliminate any video transfers to the Roamio, but I will try it tonight and report back if the C133 errors disappear

edit: so far this has cut back on the c133s quite a bit, I will continue to monitor

15. dnadrifter

dnadrifter New Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Was getting this intermittently, but now I am getting it all the time. Network signal strength is excellent. Getting annoying....can't search for programs or anything.

This is my first Tivo....not liking this so far.

16. jocoze

jocoze New Member

Jun 15, 2006
    Has anyone found a resolution for this? I constantly get the c133 error. It doesn't matter if I am connected through wireless or wired directly to my router. I have a D-Link DIR-655 and nothing else on my network has any issues, and my HD Tivo never had any issues.

This is becoming extremely frustrating as I can't even do a simple search without this error popping up and stopping me.

17. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    are you still able to do video transfers with the built in wifi?

18. Andrel

Andrel New Member

Oct 19, 2000
    I might have found a temporary solution. I have turned on the wake on lan (WOL) on my router (using DDWRT) for the Roamio. I haven't had the error since (4 days). I put a delay of 60 seconds. Most likely overkill. Time will tell.

Check if your router can do this.

19. Alan_r

Alan_r New Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Transfers work just fine with the built in WiFi.
    Ive transferred recordings from a TiVo HD and also to/from my computer using kmttg.

Everything is on WiFi, and the HD TiVo even has a weak signal since its at the opposite end of the house.

20. jocoze

jocoze New Member

Jun 15, 2006
    I don't think I have an option to turn WOL on my router, and unfortunately DDWRT is not supported for my router so I'm out of luck there. Let me know if that WOL fix continues to work. I may just try to find another router that can handle DDWRT and give that a try.

That said I still think that this should be a high priority issue for Tivo, and hopefully they can fix this soon so I don't have to send more money to support their product when nothing else on my network has issues.