1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn Notice - Series Finale (spoilers welcome)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Steveknj, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I thought the finale should be discussed separately. I haven't seen it yet, so I have no comments, but feel free to discuss.

2. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I was thinking "Well, so much for a Burn Notice reunion!"

It was nice that everybody got to use their catch phrases.

I wondered why Maddie didn't just anonymously call the local police to report armed men in the street. She might not have had to get blowed up.

Does Fiona carry C4 with her everywhere she goes?

I'll admit that I got a little misty at the end.

Maybe there WILL be a Burn Notice special.

3. Hunter Green

Hunter Green Curmudgeon

Feb 22, 2002
    People's...
    I would have liked Maddy getting a chance to say "Michael, someone needs your help" but I guess it would have weakened the impact of that final call.

There were a lot of plot holes, but I wasn't as bothered by them as some people on this forum, I was willing to go for the ride. Admittedly the escape from the bomb was a strain even for me. But all in all, I was satisfied with the ending.

4. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    My wife and I thought it was a good finale. Much better than most.

During the funeral, I told my wife that I bet Michael and Fiona would be watching from a distance. I wasn't surprised that they lived.

Sam Axe was the only one that I really cared if he lived or died.

5. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Maddy did get to utter, "Michael, what's going on?" for the 2344647545th time, but Sam didn't say "We've got company." "Maybe you haven't been paying attention but..."

They did telegraph the possible Sam Axe and Jesse Porter spinoff.

Nobody wonders where Charlie disappeared to?

Bad guy in the approaching helicopter number 3. Bad guy with the dead man's switch #5.

6. alpacaboy

alpacaboy Active Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Not a catch phrase that I remember, but I liked the:
    J: Where do you think they are?
    S: I don't know. Lot of places in the world with C4 and yogurt.

7. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    "Shall we shoot them?"

and finally "Just say, 'My name is Michael Westsen. I used to be spy'"

All of sudden Fi tells Michael she loves him after she ditched his and told him to P off she was going with Carlos.

And where did they get the money to buy the Thomas Kincaid cabin? "You have no bank accounts, no credit cards..." and they never seemed to get paid for their services.

8. Numb And Number2

Numb And Number2 New Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Getting their hands on cash should be no problem for Fi and Michael. Have you been watching? :)

9. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Active Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Near...
    I was happier with the finale than I've been with the series in a couple of seasons. I would have liked for Mom to live, too, but was glad she went out with a bang.

10. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Charlie was asleep on Michael's lap in the final scene with Fiona.

11. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Uh, huh. So Charley is safe and being cared for by two dead people.

12. pendragn

pendragn Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2001
    Ames Iowa
    I'm curious how he got there. He's with Mom and Jesse when Michael and Fi are "killed" in the explosion. While Jesse and Sam are pretty sure Michael and Fi are alive it doesn't sound like they've talked to them since they explosion. So how did Charlie get from Jesse to Michael without Jesse being worried about it? Did Charlie just disappear and Jesse assume, "I bet Michael took him." and shrug it off?

tk

13. verdugan

verdugan Active Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    This is what people are getting hung up on?

After surviving the James' sat center explotion, making a kid disappear would be easy.

14. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Active Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Near...
    I thought it seemed that Sam and Jesse knew Michael and Fiona survived, but they (S&J) didn't know where they (M&F) went. I figured they had to have seen each other in order for M&F to get Charlie.

15. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    From the way they talked, it was obvious to me (which doesn't mean it's true, of course!) that Sam and Jesse assumed Michael and Fi MUST have survived, because they're Michael and Fi, but they had no actual evidence. And that Charlie being with Michael & Fi was just hand-waving and/or sloppy writing, two things this show has always specialized in. NTTAWTT. ;)

16. Hunter Green

Hunter Green Curmudgeon

Feb 22, 2002
    People's...
    Charlie was last known to be living in a house that recently exploded. I doubt they'd have to do anything to cause the powers that be to assume Charlie's dead -- that would take care of itself. (Why there were a few other bodies in and around that house is a better question for the police, but in any case, it's not going to lead them to Charlie.)

17. jjd_87

jjd_87 Member

Jan 31, 2011
    WV
    Yeah, this is the only logical situation since Jessie was the last person to have Charlie.

18. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Finally got around to watching this over the weekend. I liked the ending, if not really surprising (except for Maddie taking one for the team), it did go out with a bang. My assumption was that Sam and Jessie knew they made it out and met somewhere to hand over Charlie. I DID kinda get that feeling that they knew they made it out. If this had been a darker series the whole way through the producers would have killed M&F off.

19. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    My feeling is that S&J knew M&F were SOMEwhere, just not Miami. Sam said "We'll hear from them when the time is right". As for money-- note that Barry was at the funeral, I suspect he was able to to siphon off some of James' ill gotten gains and pass them along.

All in all it was a fitting finale, a good balance between action and angst, and it left enough hooks for a reunion movie.

20. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I noticed Barry too :) He was my favorite of the guest stars.